Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Exporting plans to FSX with Windows 7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:42 pm 

Apologies for raising this again but I have been through the forum looking at this issue and cannot find an answer.

I have set up the export path to FS2004/FSX and/or FSX XML. When I build it will export to FSX XML but not to FS2004/FSX.

When I go into FSX and load flight plan it is not there. If I look in Flight Simulator X Files under MyUser/Documents the PLN file is there but not the XML file.

I have spent a couple of hours a night for 2 weeks trying to sort this and would very much appreciate any help.

regards,

Ken

Post subject: Re: Exporting plans to FSX with Windows 7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:39 pm 

farnetti wrote:
Apologies for raising this again but I have been through the forum looking at this issue and cannot find an answer.

I have set up the export path to FS2004/FSX and/or FSX XML. When I build it will export to FSX XML but not to FS2004/FSX.

When I go into FSX and load flight plan it is not there. If I look in Flight Simulator X Files under MyUser/Documents the PLN file is there but not the XML file.

I have spent a couple of hours a night for 2 weeks trying to sort this and would very much appreciate any help.

regards,

Ken

You can't export to both FS9,and FSX at the same time.

You have to set the FS_HOME path for either you7r FS9 folder,or your FSX folder.

The only available workaround for this is to copy your entire Fsbuild folder into a separate directory and use two Fsbuild instances and set one for FS9 and the other for FSX. User 2 shortcuts etc if you wish.

This does not require a reinstall, just a copy to a new folder as long as its on the same PC.

Regards.
Ernie.

Post subject: Re: Exporting plans to FSX with Windows 7
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:24 pm 

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for the fast response. As I only use FSX it is useful to know not to use the FS2004/FSX export option. However the main problem is purely down to me. In FSX I was trying to load from the main Free Flight screen and of course should have gone into the Flight Planner screen and loaded from there.

Hope this helps other new users.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Ken