[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Active Sky Evolution winds aloft vs. FSBuild winds aloft

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:27 pm 

Build 2405

FSBuild uses ASE weather station data to calculate the winds for flight plan generation. I have seen this to be true because I can reconcile the data from the current_wx_snapshot.txt file to the Navlog.

Two questions:

1) Is this data then used for fuel calculation purposes?

2) Does FS2004 deploy the ASE winds in the same way i.e. weather station data to weather station data? Or are there other interim waypoints it uses which would render the FSBuild fuel planning wx data redundant? I ask this because in the flight plan window of ASE I see specific winds aloft data for each waypoint on the flight plan which does not reconcile with the FSBuild weather station data.

Thanks

Shez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:44 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:49 am 

Hi,

No matter what I try, my wind is 0 and stays at 0. I also run WIN7 (x64), let FSbuild point to the correct ASE, but still no luck :cry: Running the FSbuild with Admin permissions doesn't help. What could be wrong?

My wx_station_list.txt file is here: c:\Users\Flightsim\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASE\Weather\

My configfile:
[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
MAGYEAR=2010
AIRCRAFT=B737-800 w/ CFM56-7B26
SBPC_SERVER=www.vatsim.net
ROUTELINE=1
NATRAKURL=www.fsbuild.com/nat/www.notams.jcs.mil/common/nat.html
NAVCHKDUPDIST=100

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=F:\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X
ACTIVESKY=C:\USERS\FLIGHTSIM\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\ASE\WEATHER\

[FLY!]

[PS1]

[X-PLANE]

[STARTUP]
STEP_CLIMB
TOC_TOD
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
WINDS_ALOFT
AUTOREFRESH_ON

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:59 pm 

Are you in the USA using US number formats in FSX?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:20 pm 

No, I'm in the EU.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:23 pm 

Ok,

Go to page 1 in this post / topic.

Third post down, is this:
trisager Offline
Post subject: Re: Active Sky Evolution winds aloft vs. FSBuild winds aloft
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:59 pm
Not sure if this applies to you, but anyone using a locale with number delimiters different from those in the US (i.e. "," for thousands separator, "." for the decimal point) will have this problem. ASA/ASE (and maybe ASX too) saves the wx_station_list.txt file in an incorrect format in this case.

Check your file and see if you have this problem.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:44 pm 

This is what I get in the file:

$002,-83.000,-179.000,0.0
$003,-77.000,-179.000,0.0
$004,-71.000,-179.000,0.0
$005,-65.000,-179.000,0.0
$006,-59.000,-179.000,0.0
$007,-53.000,-179.000,0.0

Is that correct or incorrect?

I changed my regional settings to England UK, but that didn't seem to help.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:51 pm 

Which file contained this data?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:52 pm 

You have to set your weather program to ActiveSky on the Options/Settings page.

Regards.
Ernie.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:17 pm 

Right, I missed that, was missing!
[FSBUILD]

WEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:37 pm 

bingo! That did it! Thank you guys, thank you! :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:22 am 

Whoever has discrepancies between FsBuild wind aloft data and ASE wind aloft data (and in particular with the wind average and wind component) should take a look at

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:14 pm 

Kerts,

That is good news ... it only took them a year (I think it was) to fix it!

Now if they could just change this (old "local" issue problem) back to the way it was originally:
Here is an old quote about the other problem(IMO) with ASA/ASE product:
"Not sure if this applies to you, but anyone using a locale with number delimiters different from those in the US (i.e. "," for thousands separator, "." for the decimal point) will have this problem. ASA/ASE (and maybe ASX too) saves the wx_station_list.txt file in an incorrect format in this case."

Last edited by von on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:18 pm 

The above fix is not related to the locale issue. It fixes wrong calculation of average wind (and interpolated data) in certain cases. I hope the locale issue will be addressed at some point (even though it does not directly affect me; I turned everythin to us-"something" so that I can use voice recognition programs).

Regards,
Kostas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:28 pm 

Kostas,

Yes I know .. I went back and reworded my post to reflect the "local issue" is actually another unrelated problem (IMO) that was not corrected in the fix you mentioned.