[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Fsbuild 2.4.0.18 Update (Pre-Release)

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:05 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:11 pm 

My bad Ernie, I found what was missing. It's just that we don't have 2 ActiveSky versions anymore so FSBuild didn't know where to look at. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:12 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:16 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:42 am 

Hello!

This is my first post here. I'm using FSBuild since more than 7 years, and first of all, I have to thank you, Ernie, for all the time providing service and navdata updates for this famous tool! :wink:

There are some things I've noticed while testing FSBuild 2.4.0.2:

1. (and maybe the most simply thing to fix) The new FSBuild seems to access the wrong airway file. I've noticed that FSBuild is using the airways from cycle 1009, which was still in my FSBuild directory, testing this with some airways in Germany which have been changed in one of the cycles after 1009, e.g. T152, changed in 1012 to PIROT-ROBAR-NATSU-RANIN-GED. After moving all old navdata files (which should be not needed anymore, and including indexes) to a backup folder, FSBuild uses no airways anymore, but no problems to recognize navaids, fixes and airports. Then I made a copy of awys.txt (the airway file from the NaviGraph Cycle 1101) in the FSBuild folder and renamed this copy to fsb_awy2.txt (the name of the airway file in your cycle 1009). After this FSBuild uses airways again, and after the first looks I think, these are the actual airways. So I guess that FSBuild seems to access the airway file wrongly under its old name.

2. The plan-mode sometimes behaves very curious (but I didn't recognize any system in that … — and believe me, I have surely rebuild the map databases after every change of the navdata files):

2.a) The "Show airways that pass over Wpt ....." works inconstantly. Using a waypoint from the large white-blue lined flight plan window, it first worked never, after making the workaround mentioned above it works in most cases, but not all times. Using a waypoint from the small route window on the right side (between airway and navaids window) it works (again only after making the workaround) in almost every case when an airway or a STAR is displayed in that window, but never when a SID is shown there. Maybe the last part of that issue is caused by the fact that when displaying a SID all waypoints have a space and one additional letter (assuming I for intersection, N for NDB and V for VOR) after their name in that window. And showing airways by drawing a rectangle with the mouse while pressing the ALT-key seems to make no problems.

2.b) When pressing the button with the green arrow (tool-tipped with "Inserts Routing currently in From/Via/To boxes to Flight Plan") some curios things are happening … Building a route from departure to destination, than every waypoint which connects two different airways (or SID to airway, or airway to STAR) will be doubled in the route text and in the flight plan window:

And doing this the other way back from destination to departure, the new parts of the route are inserted at the end instead of at the beginning of the existing route:

In both cases the route should be "EDDM EGG5S EGG UN871 LDZ UL856 ETUBO UM863 RUDKA UN869 OSMUS OSMU1A UMMS". And in both cases the map window shows black lines going to points far away from the route.

3. Using the "Apply Winds Aloft Data" option will cause FSBuild to hang up while retrieving AS winds data for the departure airport:

In the "Settings"-tab Weather is set to "ACTIVESKY". O.K., I have a very old configuration with FS2002 and ActiveSky wxRE v1.92.4, and I had hex-edited the WXRE.exe-file for accessing the actual weather source (which is hard coded in the file), but it has been working with FSBuild 2.3.7.6_2 all the years without any problem! I have uploaded one of the wind files causing the problems, here's the link:

That's all for the moment. I know these are a lot of issues, but I am sure you can solve them by the time! :wink:

VATroute route administrator

Looking for handmade, validated routes, meanly in Europe? =>

Last edited by JoergD on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:48 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:56 am 

Hello Ernie,

I have got following problem:

When auto generating a FP and I don't like the SID, I select another one in the right menue. When I rightklick for inserting the selected SID in the FP, a long track is drawn down. The SID is inserted but then the next leg is drawn to the south.

Pls see on the screenshot what happens every time I insert the SID. When I build the FP the track is perfect.

Cheers,

Axel

Attachments:
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg [ 82.57 KiB | Viewed 82316 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:28 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:37 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:45 pm 

Hi Ernie. Thanks for the update.

However, The PMDG Flight Plans it exports are incorrect and unusabled. Any PMDG flight plan that departs for arrives in the Western Hemisphere shows the western longitude points as East instead of the correct West. For Example-A flight plan from EDDF to KJFK shows the initial departure longitude points correctly as East. However, after crossing the 0' meridian the longitude points continue to be show as East instead of West. The created FSX plan shows correct information and the exported FSC flight plan is correct. Radar Contact, ASE and EFB are use the FSX flight plan and display correct information. Only the Exported PMDG plan is incorrect.

Ralph Walker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:43 pm 

Hi,

I know Googlemaps is a work under progress, but I am struggling to get any joy from it. I get the following:

==================================================================================================
Not Found
The requested URL /fv/uploads/fsbgooglemap_22925.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.viras.org Port 80
===================================================================================================

Is this right or do I need to change anything? Can't find anything on the forum so far.

Thanks,

Antony.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:55 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:31 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:27 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:23 pm 
I've just done a fresh install of 2.3 and updated it to 2.4.0.3 (my first taste of the new version).

I started with the Options and the Export_Directories. I selected my FS9 path and it filled out a bunch of stuff like before (even though I don't have all those addons, which I understand). I'm curious about the QW 757 (#21) though, I have it, yet FSBuild didn't enter a path there and there's no browse button. There are three others that have the same issue, no auto path and no browse button: IFLY_737 (#19), DA_F100 (#20), PMDG 777/757 (#37).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next