Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ERROR MESSAGE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:25 am 

Hi,

I get the following message when I try to export a flight plan to FSX

Unable to create FS2000 file \Pilots\EDDF-LOWI.PLN

I'm using the latest version of FS Build and start the program as administrator. I have tried changing the path but that changes all the paths and so I won't be able to export to the PMDG 737NGX as it's in the FSX Folder, and the FSX flight plans are in another folder under Owner\users etc.

It looks like the path for FSX flight plans is in my documents folder and the path for PMDG is in the FSX folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

Post subject: Re: ERROR MESSAGE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am 

Select "Options|Export_Directories" and set FS2004/FSX|FS_HOME to the path for FSX and all other paths will be set properly. In "Options|Settings" check FSX GPS and PMDG 737NG and then press the "SAVE CONFIG OPTIONS" button on that page. Run FSBuild from the right click menu item "run as administrator". If this doesn't fix you up, then paste the content of your fsbuild2.cfg (in the fsbuild directory) file into your response so I can see what you have done - which is what I requested in my response to your first message.

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:43 pm 

Hi,

I did exactly as you said and it still gives me the error message. I changed my home path to the FSX Flight Plan folder and nothing changed. IT did send the flight plan to the PMDG folder. I ran as I always do as administrator with a right click. Here is my FSbuild cfg.

[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
MAGYEAR=2005
AIRCRAFT=B737-800 w/ CFM56-7B26
SBPC_SERVER=www.vatsim.net

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=C:\USERS\OWNER\DOCUMENTS\FLIGHT SIMULATOR X FILES

[FLY!]

[PS1]

[X-PLANE]

[STARTUP]
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
AUTOREFRESH_ON

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Rob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:10 pm 

FS_HOME should point the the directory where you have installed FSX - you have it pointing to the directory where FSX flightplans are stored...

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:51 pm 

I get the same error message and no flight plan exported to FSX regardless of where the path goes. I get the 737NGX exported OK. Here is the revised cfg file and the error message I am still getting.

[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
MAGYEAR=2005
AIRCRAFT=B737-800 w/ CFM56-7B26
SBPC_SERVER=www.vatsim.net

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT GAMES\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X

[FLY!]

[PS1]

[X-PLANE]

[STARTUP]
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
AUTOREFRESH_ON

Unable to create FS2000 file C:\Users\Owner\Documets|Flight Simulator Files\EDDF-LOWI.PLN
Created PMDG 737NG File C:\PROGRAM FILES (86) MICROSOFT X\FLIGHT PLANS\EDDF-LOWI.rte

I want to create an FSX plan so I can load the same plan into both FSX and the PMDG CDU. The FSX generated plan is completely different from the FS Build plan and therefore ATC does not work with both plans.

Thanks

Rob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:45 pm 

You don't appear to have selected the option to create FSX flightplans. In the [STARTUP] section add the following two separate lines: FSX_GPS and PMDG737NG. If you did select these and checked the appropriate boxes in the "OPTIONS|settings" page and clicked the save button, then they were not saved in the fsbuild2.cfg file. These two entries will take care of that. If you have not turned UAC off in the system you should do so and reboot the system - if you are running Win8 then you have a permissions problem.

DJ