[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - FSBuild and Prepar3D

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: FSBuild and Prepar3D
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:52 pm 

I've been happily using FSBuild with FS9 for a while. What a great program!

I just recently built a new computer and moved up to P3D. I installed FSBuild on a drive, separate from P3D and had no problems doing so. In 'options' I set my FS path to C:\Prepared3D, but when I try to generate a flight plan I get an error message saying could not generate flight plan. So I'm wondering if FSBuild will work with P3D. I don't see why it wouldn't. I hope there is a solution to get it working, but I'm scratching my head right now. I appreciate any help.

Todd

Post subject: Re: FSBuild and Prepar3D
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:25 pm 

Unless the directory structure within P3D is identical to that of FS9 or FSX FSBuild won't work properly. A workaround is to create a dummy FSX or FS9 directory that includes the subdirectory structure for whatever add-on you're trying to export to. Do the export and then manually move the file into the proper place in P3D.

DJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:28 pm 

DJ,

All I want to do is create a flight plan file to use with RC4. I really don't need to export to any add-ons, as I like to manually enter my data into FMS's anyway. So, is there a way to just generate a flight plan file for use with RC4? Basically I want to export the file to a folder that can be accessed by RC4.

Todd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:18 pm 

Sure - just create C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Flight Simulator Files and export to FS9; set your FS_HOME base directory to c:\FS9 or leave it as you have it. FS9 flight plans go to the directory you'll create automatically regardless of what the FS_HOME setting is. RC reads FS9 plan files with no problem.

DJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:28 pm 

What if I only have P3D installed? Will it not generate a flight plan file with only P3D installed?

Todd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:57 pm 

It should work just fine as long as the destination directory is available... the FS_HOME directory is present so that it knows where to offset for various add-ons. As long as you are only exporting an FS plan to the users directory I mentioned, I don't think FSB cares.

DJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:19 pm 

When I open FSBuild as administrator, and select 'Options', next to FS_HOME is the folder C:\Prepared3D, which is correct. Under 'Export' on the menu bar I have only Google Maps selected. When I enter a flight plan and click build, I don't get an error message which means it must have worked. But, when I navigate to C:\Users\Todd\My Documents\Prepared3D Files or ....\Flight Simulator X Files, there is no flight plan file in either folder. So, either the files are elsewhere or they are not being generated.

Todd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:15 pm 

If you want to export FSX style flightplans you need to choose FSX as the export... I had the impression that you were exporting FS9 style plans for RC4. Those would go to C:\Users\Todd\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files if FSX they will go to ...\Flight Simulator X Files. Use the fake c:\fsx or c:\fs9 for FS_HOME as I mentioned, and make sure you have checked the option for FSX plans in the menu if that's what you want otherwise choose FS2004. I know this works because I just did it.

DJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:39 pm 

DJ,

First of all, thank you for helping me through this. When you say create a fake C:\FSX folder how to I do that? Is it as simple as creating a new folder and labelling it 'FSX' ?

FYI, I also have the Estonia FSXtoP3D Migrator tool. Will that help in this situation? If so do I need to enable the virtual FSX feature every time I create a flight plan file?

Todd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 pm 

You're welcome - to create the directory just create a new directory on c:\ named FSX. Then open FSB and under options for FS_HOME use the browse button to point it at the new directory. Save using the save button on the settings page. Choose the export for FSX in the menu and you should be good to go... you don't need the migrator tool at all.

DJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 pm 

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. That's what I like. Thank you sir!

Todd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:55 am 

Wait, wait, hold on. No, it doesn't work. OK, I created a new folder - C:\FSX (I also tried C:\Flight Simulator X). I Pushed the 'Browse' button next to FS_HOME and selected C:\FSX. Went to Export in the menu bar and checked FS2004/FSX and Google maps. Went to 'Settings' tab and pressed 'Save Configuration'. I closed FSBuild. Next I opened FSBuild (as administrator). I checked my Export menu and FS2004/FSX was NOT checked, so I checked it again. FS_HOME path was good. I entered a flight plan and pressed 'Build'. I get an error message to the effect FS2000 not found, unable to generate flight plan. So, not so easy. What am I missing?

Here's my fsbuild2.cfg:

[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
AIRCRAFT=ERJ145 Embraer Regional Jet
SBPC_SERVER=vatsim.net
ROUTELINE=1
AUTOGEN_RTE_LIMIT=2000
NAVLOGTITLE=AMERICA WEST VIRTUAL
NAVLOGIMAGEBOTTOM=750
NAVLOGIMAGELEFT=20
NAVLOGTEXTTOP=720
NAVLOGIMAGEFILE=awebanner.jpg
NAVCHKDUPDIST=100
WEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=C:\FSX
F1ATR72_RTE=C:\FSX\Flight One Software\Flight One ATR 72-500\FlightPlans
SSWA310_FPN=C:\FS\FS2002\SSW
SB3_FP=S:\SB4
FSINN_FP=S:\FSFDT\FSCOPILOT\FLIGHTPLANS
IVAP_FP=C:\FS\IVAO\IVAP
FSACARS_FSA=C:\FS\FSACARS
FSC_PLN=C:\FS\FSC
VASFMC_FMC=C:\FS\VASFMC
FPI_FSB=C:\FS\FPI CLIENT
FSMETEO=C:\FS\FSMETEO
ACTIVESKY=C:\USERS\TODD\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\AS2012\WEATHER
WEATHERCTR=C:\FS\FS2002\MODULES\WEATHERCENTER2\OFFLINE2.WCA
GATEKEEPER=C:\PROGRAM FILES\GATEKEEPER
MAPCREATE=C:\FS\MAPCREATE

[FLY!]
INFOMETAR=C:\FS\FLY! II\INFOMETAR

[PS1]
PS1_FMS=C:\FS\PS13

[X-PLANE]
XPLANE_HOME=C:\FS\XPLANE8

[STARTUP]
TOC_TOD
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
WINDS_ALOFT
RVSM_FL
GOOGLEMAPS
AUTOREFRESH_ON

Thanks.

Todd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:44 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:16 am 

Todd,

You said you were not exporting to any other add-ons except a FS flight plan for RC4 - your config file is full of extra stuff that you don't need. If that is the case, then you need to rename your fsbuild2.cfg file to something else and let FSB build a new one reflecting only the export that you are interested in. Do that and select FSX or FS9 as your only export and it will work. I've tested it and you don't need any .exe to make it work; if you are using ActiveSky simply copy and paste that line into the new file and select the winds aloft option in FSB and all will be OK. It should look rather like this:

[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
ROUTELINE=1
AUTOGEN_RTE_LIMIT=100
NATRAKURL=www.fsbuild.com/nat/pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/common/nat.html
NAVCHKDUPDIST=100
WEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=C:\FSX
ACTIVESKY=C:\USERS\TODD\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\AS2012\WEATHER

[FLY!]

[PS1]

[X-PLANE]

[STARTUP]
INCL_CROSSING_ALTS
WINDS_ALOFT
RVSM_FL
FSX_GPS
GOOGLEMAPS
AUTOREFRESH_ON

Just copy this and put it into your fsbuild2.cfg file, replacing everything else and try it... it really does work.

DJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:08 pm 

Now we're cooking with fire! I just copied and pasted your text above into my fsbuild2.cfg file. Works beautifully. :D

Todd