[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - No "Winds aloft" with FsBuild + FS9 + AS6 [SOLVED]

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 am 

Last edited by FlyingFox on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:40 pm 

I don't know what to tell you on this one. I just tested the ASV6.5/FSBuild (same build you are using) hookup and it worked fine for me. Something along the way must have changed on your system. Make sure you are running both programs from the right click menu "run as adminstrator" and see if it makes a difference.

DJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:43 pm 

Hi Andreas,

It might be the weather station file (wx_station_list.txt). When the windows regional settings set for your country, it may use commas for decimal places instead of periods. ActiveSky would tend to use the regional format.

When that occurs Fsbuild was not able to read the lat/lon of the weather stations correctly.

Regards.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:56 pm 

Hi Ernie and DJ,

I have configured both programs to run as adminstrator, but I shall try it explicitly. I also had set the country settings to USA to get that comma-issue resolved. The extract of the file above is showing the result after changing settings. Are they correct or does it still contain errors, points instead of commas in some places?

I shall try it again next week, when I will be back from tour. Greetings from London!

Andreas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:23 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:45 pm 

Andreas,

I can't see a thing wrong with your ASV6.5 weather file. Have you disabled UAC on your system? If not, then do that, reboot, and see if it makes a difference - something is clearly interfering with reading the file and that might be it. If it does not, then drop me a PM at ubersu2 at yahoo dot com and I will send you a copy of my own file to experiment with... I'm not sure if it will help or not since from your description of the problem something has to have changed on your system for the interface to stop working. One other thought - have you excluded the FS directory and all subdirectories, and the FSBuild directory from your anti-virus scanning software?

DJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:24 pm 

Hi DJ!

I am just performing the above calculated flight, so I cannot reboot at this time. I will have a look for the UAC, but I am sure that I have deactivated a long time ago already. I will also try again with the same versions of AS and FsBuild on my old machine running on WinXP. Call ya back and THANKS A LOT for helping.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:36 pm 

I just tried to get it to work on my old machine, which is running on WinXP. I definetely know that it used to work on it in the past. To my disappointment, it would not work...I have checked that current_wx_snapshot.txt is in the directory as defined within FSB. I have checked for the correct format. I have reverted FSB to version 2.3.7.6. It all did not help.

The last thing I can try now is to check for the UAC thing on my main machine that is running Win 7/64. Let's see...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:17 pm 

Ok, UAC had been deactivated already, so it is not about this...all very strange.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:42 pm 

Andreas,

I'm pretty much out of bright ideas then. I find it especially curious that it didn't work on your XP system. How about posting the contents of your fsbuild2.cfg file - I'll take a look at that and see if I see anything odd.

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:13 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:27 am 

Hi, Andreas

I noted a couple of things. Regarding ASV, add the following line to the [FSBUILD] section - 'WEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY' and make sure that the ACTIVSKY entry in the [MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR] section points to where ASV6 is actually installed. I noticed you have the PATRAKURL entry - the file at that URL is 4 years out of date and it's not clear where that data is currently coming from now. Perhaps Ernie will advise at some point.

Regarding the files you mention - I run ASV6.5 and the two files are dated much later than yours: 2006 and 2007 respectively.

Just in passing; because of METAR format changes over the years ASV6x can take a very long time to process flightplans. Consequently my current weather program is ASE, which I recommend for FS9, since AS2012 is for FSX only. I wouldn't recommend running out and getting either until we can get this functionality working with ASV however.

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:03 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:42 pm 

Andreas,

Glad it's now working! It's so easy to miss one little thing... I have no idea what a good URL for the PACOTS is - like you I've looked all over and Ernie has never published a revised URL for them.

You've done interesting work on the app layout!

Regards,
DJ