Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SIDS's & STAR's
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:42 pm 

Hi All
Just started using FS Build over the last couple of weeks or so in conjunction with the Airbus Extended X running in FSX. Successfully planned a Route using Plan Mode from Stuttgart to Milan, the SID available in FSBuild was SUL2B and the STAR being ODIN3K, the rest of the route went together quite nicely. When I entered the route into the MCDU on the Airbus the closest SID I could find listed was SUL3B and the closest STAR was ODIN1K the rest of the route fitted perfect. Anybody have any views please as to why the same SID and STAR is not available in both packages as I am a bit perplexed. I have only recently started getting to grips with the Flight Planning aspect of simming for about a couple of months now and can see there's quite a lot to get to grips with, great when it works though!.

Additionally are there any plans to adapt FS Build so routes can be imported direct into the Airbus Extended X's MCDU, this is a really nice aircraft to fly but it takes quite a while to type in route plan details.

Regards

Dave W

Post subject: Re: SIDS's & STAR's
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:18 pm 

The reason the SID and STAR is not the same in both programs is probably that you are not running the same AIRAC version in both... Assuming that you are running the 2.4.x version of FSBuild, you can get the current AIRACs for FSBuild and AXE from either Navigraph or Aerosoft. So far as I know, route import is not available with the AXE in the current release of the aircraft - I don't recall if Aerosoft plans to implement that in a subsequent release or not.

DJ

Post subject: Re: SIDS's & STAR's
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:25 am 

Hi DJ thanks for responding, I now have the latest Airacs downloaded for FSB & AXE and the SIDS & STARS are both in alignment. Now for a bit of Flight Planning. Thanks again DW.