Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:22 pm 

I have just purchased FSB 2.4. Could somebody please tell me how to save and delete a flight plan?. The tutorial describes an 'Add' radio button and also a 'Delete' radio button. I cannot see either of these buttons in any of the screens. Assuming I have overlooked something, could somebody please point me in the right direction. I attempted to use the File/ delete function only to be presented with the error message 'Subscript out of range'. Any ideas please.

It seems to me that the user guide I have is Version 1.0, March 2003, is there a more recent version?.

Regards

DaveW

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:53 am 

The User Guide that you have is the latest version - the docs have not been updated. The File|Save... and File|Delete... functions are a bit misleading. The 'Save' function will allow you to save your current flightplan to the "User Saved Routes" category. If you have loaded the "User Saved Routes" category you may delete a plan via the 'Delete' function if you know the plan name. Having said that, both of these functions are a bit of a waste - every plan you build/autogenerate is automatically saved in the "Logged Routes" category and may be reloaded at any time by setting that category and double clicking the plan. The 'Delete' function will remove a plan from the "User Saved Routes" category once you have explicitly save it, but will not remove any exported plans that have been generated from it.

DJ

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:37 pm 

Thanks for the response DJ.

I now notice all of my plans are saved in the "Logged Routes" category as you suggest.
How can I delete plans from this section?. I have tried using file/delete without success. This throws up a delete box with the plan number in it, press delete and message says no file of this name (yet I am looking at it) also had the error message "Subscript out of range". Please advise how I can delete unwanted plans from this section.

Regards

DaveW

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:24 pm 

The easiest way to delete any plan in logged routes is to simply open fsb_logged_fp.txt in a text editor like Notepad and delete the line representing the plan in question. The same holds true of fsb_user_fp.txt... That said, I must admit that I never delete a route - given the vagaries of weather I simply create a new route for each flight. That's one way of handling it. Another is to create a set of routes that represent the paths you normally fly, but without SIDs or STARs, and save them in the user routes file. Come flight time, call the appropriate one up and add the appropriate runways, SIDs, and STARs but don't explicitly save them. That way you can just delete them from logged plans rather than logged and user plans. Play with the program and you'll find the pattern that best fits what you want to do - FSBuild is a great program because it lets you do so many things your way...

DJ