Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:02 pm 

Greetings all,

As the subject line says, I cannot seem to add the "wx_station_list.txt" file. That file is located in "users/ron/appdata/roaming/hifi/as2012/current_wxx_snapshot.txt". When I go to that folder (thru "my computer, not thru FSBuild), I see that file, along with other files, and above them are are different folders ("audio, options, sets, etc"). However, when I "browse" in FSb to add that file, I can only see those folders, not that actual file. I tried adding it manually to the FSb.cfg file, and although it now appears on the options page (users/ron/appdata/roaming/hifi/as2012/current_wxx_snapshot.txt), it still doesn't appear to read it correctly. After hitting "build", I'm still getting "ER - unable to open ActiveSky wx_station_list.txt file".

I was able to successfully add the PMDG and Squawkbox files, so adding Active sky should be easy....or so I thought. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Ron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:27 pm 

You don't add the text file - you point at the directory that contains it: If you are running Win7 or Vista the path to that file will vary slightly depending on what ActiveSky add-on you are using. For AS2012 it would be: C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS2012\Weather and for ASE it would be C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASE\Weather. The fsbuild2.cfg entry would be

ACTIVESKY=C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASE\Weather or
ACTIVESKY=C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS2012\Weather

in the [MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR] section.

DJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:46 pm 

Hi DJ,

I made the change you had suggested, and it shows up on the options page. However, after I hit the "build" button, it's not sending anything to AS. It's sending things to FSX and Squawkbox ("created file.......etc), but the reference to Active Sky has disappeared.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:48 pm 

Here's a current copy of the FSb.cfg file:

[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
MAGYEAR=2002
AIRCRAFT=B737-700 w/ CFM56-7B24
SBPC_SERVER=www.vatsim.net
ROUTELINE=1
NATRAKURL=www.natroutes.glideslope.de/html/nats.php3
WEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=C:\FSX
SB3_FP=C:\SQUAWKBOX
ACTIVESKY=C:\USERS\RON\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\AS2012\WEATHER

[FLY!]

[PS1]

[X-PLANE]

[STARTUP]
TOC_TOD
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
WINDS_ALOFT
PMDG737NG
SQUAWKBOX3
AUTOREFRESH_ON

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:54 pm 

Were you expecting FSB to send the flightplan to AS? It doesn't do that, it just generates a FS or FSX (your choice) flightplan that you can load into AS using its native flightplan loading mechanism.... You set the path as I noted in order to get weather from AS into FSB for planning purposes.

DJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:31 pm 

DJ,

I had forgotten about that. Now I remember....the correct way is after "BUILDing the file, it will be available in Active Sky via the "import" button. However......I still can't seem to get that to work. On the options screen, my path (on the first line, "FS2004/FSX) is C:\FSX (I installed FSX outside of the program files). In the "export to" menu, I have FS2004/FSX, PMDG737, Squawkbox, and Google Maps all checked. The FMC on the PMDG planes, along with Squawkbox and Google maps all appear (on quick glance) to be fine. But when I try to import the flight plan into ActiveSky, it's not finding that route.

Here's the latest .cfg file:

[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
MAGYEAR=2002
AIRCRAFT=B737-700 w/ CFM56-7B24
SBPC_SERVER=www.vatsim.net
ROUTELINE=1
NATRAKURL=www.natroutes.glideslope.de/html/nats.php3
WEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=C:\FSX
SB3_FP=C:\SQUAWKBOX
ACTIVESKY=C:\USERS\RON\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\AS2012\WEATHER

[FLY!]

[PS1]

[X-PLANE]

[STARTUP]
TOC_TOD
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
INCL_NL_PLTINP_HDRS
WINDS_ALOFT
FS2000_GPS
PMDG737NG
SQUAWKBOX3
GOOGLEMAPS
AUTOREFRESH_ON

Last edited by RPRIEVER on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:36 pm 

Add FSX_GPS to your [STARTUP] section and that should take care of it... also run FSBuild from the right click menu item "run as administrator".

DJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:03 pm 

AHA!!...That seems to work. I'm now finding my flightplan when I import it to ActiveSky. I would assume that after I process that flight plan, hitting the "build" button in FSbuild will move the winds aloft data from AS to FSb.

Minor issue...after building the file, how do I get rid of that "unable to create FS2000 file". Not a deal breaker, but it's annoying.

Many thanks for your help.
Ron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:43 pm 

To get rid of the message just remove the "FS2000_GPS" from the [STARTUP] section. If you have AS running while you "Build" your flightplan FSB will pull data from AS; loading the plan into AS and then "Build" -ing again will give more accurate results because AS will have interpolated data points in the flight path.

You're welcome...

DJ