[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Error in calculating weight and fuel (values showing -1)

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:32 am 

Hello everyone,
for quite some time, FSB exhibits a (to my mind random) error when calculating my fuel and weight values. In the route section, weight and fuel values are very obviously incorrectly computed and show -1 across all waypoints.
route1.jpg
route1.jpg [ 114.01 KiB | Viewed 13519 times ]

route2.jpg
route2.jpg [ 65.03 KiB | Viewed 13519 times ]

Another strange error is when I build the same route with another aircraft. Here, the values are even more puzzling.
route3.jpg
route3.jpg [ 129.59 KiB | Viewed 13519 times ]

I am building with the presently latest FSB 2.4.0.25 Build 275 using ASV6 winds.
version.jpg
version.jpg [ 17.04 KiB | Viewed 13519 times ]

As I have been very satisfied with FSB for the last year and would appreciate any hints on how to solve my problem.

Kind regards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 am 

I am unable to reproduce this with any recent version of FSB or the Aerosoft or Navigraph data for 1308 and 1309. All I can think as a possibility is that you are running a non-US English system with the date/time and separator formats set to some other standard - if that's the case you might set them to the US formats and see if that makes a difference.

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:37 am 

Okay, my operating system (Win 7 32bit btw) is presently set to German date/time settings (DD.MM.YYYY and MM:HH in 24h format). Is that the setting you are referring to? What setting would you suggest instead?

What I omitted in my first post is that the error is not occuring on all aircraft, for instance I have shown screenshots from the Level-D 767 and PMDG 747-400 performance file. When using e.g. the A330-342, everything works out fine. My initial thought was that the weight units used was the culprit, but that is clearly not the cause.

EDIT: I am presently using the 1307 AIRAC from Navigraph alongside FSB.

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:14 pm 

You might also want to check the fsb_Aircrafts.cfg file in the main FSBuild directory and ensure the 767 Level D entry contains <PerformanceData=B763_LDS_Lbs.prf> line and that the referenced .prf is actually in your FSBuild/Aircraft subdirectory. The Gross Weight entry on the FSB Aircraft screen should show 272848 lbs when the aircraft is selected rather than the -1 that your screenshot contains. I ran your routing through FSB with no issues.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:38 pm 

Carrying Jerry's post a bit further - the sections in the fsb_aircraft.cfg should look like:

[B747-400 PMDG] --- (Larry Stewart) ---
WeightUnit=LBS
OperEmptyWeight=394000 //Correct this to your personal settings. Cargo+Pax+ZFW
PayloadWeight=131620 //Correct this one as well. Cargo+Pax
ReserveFuel=:45
AlternateFuel=
HoldFuel=:15
TaxiFuel=89/min //This is from a real world 744 pilot. Change as needed
ExtraFuel=:20
ApproachFuel=500
MaxTakeoffWeight=875000 //This should remain the same for all profiles.
MaxZeroFuelWeight=542500 //This will change. Correct this to your personal profile settings.
MaxLandingWeight=630000 //This should remain the same for all profiles.
MaxFuelWeight=382336 //This will change. Correct this to your personal profile settings.
PerformanceData=PMDG744x.prf
ToldData=PMDG744x.tld
DefaultTOFlaps=20
DefaultLDGFlaps=25
ImageFile=PMDG744.jpg
MaxCruise=43000

and

[B767-300 Level-D] -- (M.Bevington) ---
WeightUnit=LBS // set to LBS or KGS, then recalculate all weights below
CallSign=AAL327 // set to your favorate callsign
PayloadWeight=46695 // set as required to match load editor
ReserveFuel=:45 // set as required (minutes or actual)
;AlternateFuel (below) can be forced in minutes or weight (not recommended)
AlternateFuel=
HoldFuel=:15 // set as required (minutes or actual)
ExtraFuel=:20 // set as required (minutes or actual)
TaxiFuel=180/min // 140 per min at idle, 180 is good average
ApproachFuel=1200 // added after last waypoint, adjust as required
OperEmptyWeight=197000 // do NOT change
MaxTakeoffWeight=408000 // do NOT change
MaxZeroFuelWeight=288000 // do NOT change
MaxLandingWeight=310000 // do NOT change
MaxFuelWeight=161740 // do NOT change
PerformanceData=B763_LDS_Lbs.PRF // do NOT change
ToldData=B763.tld // do NOT change
DefaultTOFlaps=5 // as required
DefaultLDGFlaps=30 // as required
ImageFile=LDS767.jpg // do NOT change
MaxCruise=41000 // do NOT change
ClimbFuelbias=0.0 // adjusted for LDS model 330,000 GRWT
CruiseFuelbias=2.4 // adjusted for LDS model at Mach 8.0
DescentFuelbias=0.0 // requires large change to see any effect

Your regional settings and your AIRAC shouldn't be affecting what you see.

DJ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:46 am 

That result is definitely due to the aircraft.cfg settings (likely it not finding the .prf file it references).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:22 am 

Okay, that seems to be the problem: both the PMDG744x.prf as well as the B763_LDS_Lbs.PRF are missing from the FSBuild/Aircraft directory. I just downloaded the 2.4.1 installer from simmarket and did a clean re-install. Still, the files are missing. Is there any place to download the missing performance files? Or am I missing something else?

Regards

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:37 am 

You have to go to the FSB website and look on the right-hand side for the Library-->Aircraft Performance Data selection. Clicking on that, you find a series of available performance files for many add-on aircraft. Just download the ones you want and follow the installation instructions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:46 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:06 pm