[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - XANUT - not in Database

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: XANUT - not in Database
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:41 pm 

Hi,

I use the Smith FMS with the WILCO CRJ according to the retrofit. I wanted to enter the simple route from LOWG to LOWW: LOWG XANUT LOWW. And although this intersection is in the current 1002 data set, I am not able to enter this waypoint. I get the message 'not in the database'.

Any idea, why this happened?

Rgds
Reinhard

Btw: FS9.1, WinXP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 pm 

Ernie,

As there was no response I did some investigations on my own and I found the reason: It's in your ISG Misc document !
You are only able to handle 170.000 intersections but with the latest AIRAC cycle you provided about 188.500 intersection points.

So with this limit your FMS is not usable for me in my near neighbourhood as I use fixes like XANUT, WW880, etc. to reach my VA hub LOWW.
Btw: You also provide 18.900+ navaids and your limit is 15.000 according to your documentation.

Please provide a fix, to handle the actual data set, you provide, so that I can fly in my vACC airspace.

:( :( :(

Rgds
Reinhard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 pm 

Will put it on the to-do list, but no promises.

My to-do list is pretty long these days.

Regards.
Ernie.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 pm 

Ernie,

Thanks. I live in a bad airspace from an alphabetical point of view :D

XANUT, VENEN, WWxxx, VIW, ... it's all around my home base. And most of these points are IAFs, holding points or waypoints on transitions.

Rgds
Reinhard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:05 am 

Reinhard;

I think I may have come up with a creative solution to this.

I imported the NAVaid data (latest from Ernie's site) into Excel and cut out all the "INT" navaids...those without a frequency assigned. That got the # of navaids in "isg_navs.txt" down under 12000. You could put this in your ISG/Navdata folder in place of the original (back it up first).

Then, for the Intersection files ("ist_ints.txt") I did the same and deleted select ranges of longitude:

Zone1: World except a slice of East Asia
Zone2: World except a slice of Europe/Africa
Zone3: World except a slice of the Americas.

So, by substituting one of these "ist_ints.txt" files for the original (back original up first!) I think you could complete any flight you wanted. Want to fly Americas to Europe? Use the file for zone1. Want to fly from East Coast US to Australia? Use Zone 2. Want to fly from London to Singapore? Use Zone 3.

I uploaded my work to this zip:

I haven't fully tested it, but the file from zone1 and navaids worked for me.

Matt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:39 am 

Matt,

Many thanks for your work. I will give it a try, until Ernie provides the necessary fix. The bad thing: This must be done with every published AIRAC cycle.

So let's hope, that Ernie is able to fix it.

Rgds
Reinhard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:06 am 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:15 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:31 pm 

I bet this explains way I can't imput certain airways in Europe and some of the waypoints over there even though I'm pulling them straight off of current enroute charts. I'm going to try the fix posted here. It sounds simple enough that it will probably work perfectly. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 pm 

Lizardmon -

I've tried a few FS flight plans (one spanning each zone) and they worked. So I'm confident that I got the 'excluded longitudes' right.

Also, I spot checked a few of the "INT" items that I deleted from the " _navs" file and they all appear to be replicated in the "_ints" listing.

So we should be in good shape. If this works well I'd be willing to break out each nav update into zones if need be. Not a big lift at this point.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:12 pm 

Matt,

I hate to be a bother, but have you had an opportunity to work your magic with the new navdata on the site? Or possibly provide the steps that you took to split up the intersections file so that we can do the work ourselves? :) I have been using your files from the previous navdata for the past few weeks and they have been working great (except for having to correct a few airways that were using the wrong coordinates for some waypoints, but I believe that is an error in the original data, not your work).

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:48 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:12 pm 

I've posted the revised nav and int text files here:

Hopefully they will work as well as the last set. Good luck!

Matt

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:38 am 

Matt,

You are my hero. I can again now definitely use XANUT with the actual cycle :D

Rgds
Reinhard

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:50 pm