[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - ISG1 1.7 Upgrade (Release)

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:26 pm 

Hi all,
the 1.7 update files have been released, and are available for download via your simmarket account.

The Navdata cycle included with the 1.7 installer is Cycle 1013.

Integrated Simavionics group 1 (ISG1) ver 1.7.0 Update/Patch
-----------------------------------------------------------------
ADDITIONS:
-------------------------------------

New Gauges:

isg1! MD80_EHSI_NB MD80 style EHSI
isg1! MD80_EHSI_CTRL MD80 style EFIS control panel.

P1000_MFD_NB P1000 MFD with no background faceplate
P1000_MFD_NB_CNTR P1000 lower MFD controller (to use with NB version of gauge)

--------------------
New config settings: (isg.cfg)

DrawTcasWindowOnP1000MFD=1 - Displays TCAS info on the P1000 MFD map displays instead of popup window.
SetMCPCrzAltOnFlightPlanLoad=1 - Sets the autopilot altitude to the Flight Plan cruise alt when loaded (if .rte file contains crz alt info)
HdgHoldOnLnavOn=1 - Turns on autopilot heading hold whenever TCAS is turned on.

--------------------
New config settings: ((AircraftId).cfg)

FlightPlansFolder= - Directory path where the FMC will list and Flightplans from when this (aircraftId).cfg file is used.
DrawTcasWindowOnP1000MFD=1 - Displays TCAS info on the P1000 MFD map displays instead of popup window.
SetMCPCrzAltOnFlightPlanLoad= - Sets the autopilot altitude to the Flight Plan cruise alt when loaded (if .rte file contains crz alt info)
HdgHoldOnLnavOn=1 - Turns on autopilot heading hold whenever TCAS is turned on.
MinVnavClimbIas= - Sets min Climb Ias limit for FMS to fly in VNAV.

Allows setting of preferred EHSI/ND display modes when aircraft is loaded:

EFS50HsiMode= - EFS50 EHSI HSI Mode ( 1-Rose, 2-RoseMap, 3-Rose/map/Wx, 4-Arc HSI, 5Arc/Map, 6-Arc/Map./Wx, 7-TCAS.
EFS50NavMode= - EFS50 EHSI NAV Mode (1-VOR, 2-FMS)
DU1000EHSIMode= - DU1000 EHSI Mode (0-Compass ,1-Arc, 2-Plan, 3-Map)
HWB737NDMode= - Boeing 737 ND Mode (1-VOR,2-ILS,Arc-VOR,Arc-ILS,5-Map,6-CTR Map,7-Plan)
HWMD11NDMode= - MD11 ND Mode (2-Plan,3-Map,4-Vor,5-App)
MD80EHSIMode= - MD80 EHSI Mode (0-Rose,1-Arc,2-Plan,3-Map)
PROLINE4MFDMode= - Proline4 MFD Mode (0-Rose,1-Arc,2-Plan,3-Map)

----------------------------------------------------
Color settings for the MD80 style EHSI ((AircraftId).cfg)

MD80EHSIBkgrdColorRed=(rgb value)
MD80EHSIBkgrdColorGreen=(rgb value)
MD80EHSIBkgrdColorBlue=(rgb value)

MODIFICATIONS:
- EFS50_EADI - added slip indicator ball.
- AUX_CTRL - Added green (on) lights to aux ctrl panel buttons.
- SMITHS_FMS - FMS supports Psued waypoint definitions in Navigraph Navdata.

Fixes:
- EFS50 EHSI - CDI deflection displayed in EHSI , not correct when in DCT mode via Smiths FMS.
- SMITHS FMS - Some intersections towards bottom of database not displaying when selected in FMS.
- DU_1000_EHSI - flight plan route displayed rotated at an angle after runway selected.
- MCU - CTD when resizing popup window in Win7.
- B777_ND - ND does not display when only ISG gauge installed.

Notes:

The new MinVnavClimbIas= .cfg setting is an attempt to address the issue of Heavy Aircraft stalling on VNAV climb due to it flying a fixed climb profile which can be difficult to maintain at near full fuel loads.

The MinVnavClimbIas= parameter tells the FMS that is the minimum climb speed allowed while in VNAV, if the aircraft falls below that speed it will start reducing the descent rate to try and gtet it back above the min Ias speed.

Also there is an additional climb stall protection built in.

When the FMS detects the aircraft is losing Ias speed while in the climb it will automatically start reducing the climb rate to try and stop the Ias speed loss. Going as low as the MinVnavClimbRate defined in the .cfg file (or using the default of 1500 ft).

This should help avoid the issue of stalls with some aircraft with heavy weight departures as they get into the upper altitudes and cannot maintain the higher climb rates it initially started with. The FMS will automatically reduce the climb rate to keep the climb accelerration rate from being negative.

You can use the MinVnavClimbRate, and MinVnavClimbIas settings to customize the minimum climb profiles for your Aircraft at the higher alts and heavier climb weights.

Regards.
Ernie.

Attachments:
isg_md80_ehsi.jpg
isg_md80_ehsi.jpg [ 18.29 KiB | Viewed 42479 times ]
File comment: Example CLS MD80 retrofit.
isg_cls_md80.jpg
isg_cls_md80.jpg [ 91.94 KiB | Viewed 42479 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 pm 

Just got the notice that the update is available on SimMarket so I'll be sure to download tonight. The MD-80 EHSI is especially timely as HJG is closing in on releasing their MD-80 and MD-80 panel. This will be the perfect fit. :)

As an aside, I just recently (within the last few days) did a refit of the Frasier McKay L.188 panel with the EFS50 EHSI and EADI, so those changes will be welcome too. The setup is similar to what I saw on a Zantop L.188 in 2003, just the HSI and ADI replaced. I was going to also put in an IVSI, but I've not heard back from Frasier yet on whether or not he's going to be able to give me a modified radio window with the original Transponder cut out of the all-in-one radio gauge he uses.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:20 am 

Installed. Nice having the full procedures, though I still use the MCU guidance :) Spoiled.. No bugs on first flight.

Thanks Ernie.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:29 am 

I received the email from simMarket announcing the upgrade was available, but when I went to download it, it still says "This is the latest available version 1.6." If I download it, will I be getting 1.7, or just redownloading 1.6?

If this is something I should be asking simMarket about, please let me know. Thanks for the great work Ernie, and I'm looking forward to being able to use 1.7 soon. :D

*Edit* One quick question. Will the panel configs downloaded from the isgsim site still work with version 1.7?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:13 am 

Improvements to a package which was already very good. Thanks Ernie.

Shez

Last edited by shez on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:33 am 

I have the same files from SimMarket and mine also says 1.6.

JeffG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 am 

I can confirm that the downloads from Simmarket indicated as "This is the latest available version 1.6" are indeed the new version 1.7.

Andreas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 am 

I downloaded the full FS9 install. It was the same size as the upgrade 1.6 install. Om installation it did create various ISG v1.7 folders.

I checked the ISG folders in my FS9 folder. The readmes and data in the navdata folder included some current month data files including this navdata cycle info:

AIRAC cycle : 1013
Revision : 1
Valid (from/to): 16/DEC/2010 - 12/JAN/2011

One conflict is in the simmarket e-mail notice it stated:

"You will find the link to download this update from your user account -> orders listing -> respective detailed order page on the bottom.

ISG-FSX.exe 17MB
ISG-FS9.exe 17MB

The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions,
existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one."

whereas the readme stated it was supposed to go over the existing installation. I uninstalled 1.6 and then installed version 1.7. A check of the FS9 gauge folder showed the ISG1.gau and ISG1-TCAS.gau files with modification dates consistent with this release date and install. Anybody have problems with uninstalling v1.6 first?

Some of the documentation was from earlier releases.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:43 am 

Ronzie
I was about to post a message similar to yours. I also found it confusing and followed the instruction in the Email and uninstalled previous ver1.6 first. I installed the new V1.7 and then read that it was unnecessary to do the uninstall as the new Version would overwrite.
I tested it and ran one of my previous flights with no problems.
This is despite what Ernie said that it would not run correctly without having the previous version installed.
Fortunately I kept a backup and was able to retrieve all my previous flightplans (many hours of work) which were deleted by the new V1.7 install! For this reason alone I think the instruction in the Email should be corrected as soon as possible.
To Ernie, I hope you are not offended by what I have said as I think this is a marvelous program.
Regards
Ken Fairbanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:50 pm 

Thank you Ernie for the update! we really appreciate it. :) I too was looking for the file and all I could fine was version 1.6 I figured they made a mistake and long and behold it was v1.7 lol. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:36 pm 

SM needs to revamp their designator for the ISG1 downloads. Been that way for yrs now. Confusing.

Simarket ISG1 V1.5= ISG1 Full install
Simarket ISG1 V1.6= ISG1 V1.7 update release
I think :shock:

Last edited by randyd@qwestoffice.net on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:27 pm 

Hi

I am wondering what extra functionality, if any, this brings to existing gauges.

- AUX_CTRL - Added green (on) lights to aux ctrl panel buttons.

I haven't managed to find any differences yet on the great gauges that I use - HW_B737_ND, SMITHS_FMS, MCU_LM and HW_B737_EFIS_CNTR.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:11 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 pm 

Thanks Ernie,

but what is the Aux Control panel gauge?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:52 pm