[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - TCAS gauge crash

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: TCAS gauge crash
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 pm 

Hi,

I have found a problem with the TCAS gauge. I don't know if this is a known bug of something new, but I have noticed that if an AI aircraft that is "in conflict" with the user aircraft happens to disappear (crashes due to too steep landing or I delete it with the FSUIPC traffic zapper) then FS9 will crash. The crash willl be either immediate or after a few minutes, but it will crash... See attached image!

Is there any way to fix this? Sometimes I think it might also happen if FS AI Separation moved the AI plane?

Cheers,
Geoff

Attachments:
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg [ 70.96 KiB | Viewed 13997 times ]

Post subject: Re: TCAS gauge crash
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:49 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:22 pm 

Glad to see it's not just me - I am pretty sure this behaviour was not present with the previous version... I have now also seen this in FSX.

Geoff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:25 am 

The TCAS gauge itself still has a 2006 file date, but I've started running it again.

No crash so far, but then again I've not had a traffic advisory either....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:36 am 

There's been no change to the TCAS gauge.

The gauge is a licensed version of Lee Hetherington's TCAS gauge, its the same as it was in the very first version.

Regards.
Ernie.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:29 pm 

Ok, thanks. I was wondering if the recent spate of CTDs with the event log pointing to this gauge have been fiddled with.

I've ran into a few TAs (the yellow ones - no red / RAs this week) with no CTD since 1.8, so keeping m'fingers crossed....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:30 pm 

Although, as Ernie said, this part is not modified in the last updates, there still does seem to be a problem here. Yet again today I had a CTD from this gauge - this time on finals after a 3:50 flight when the last traffic contact had been over an hour before!
So, I thought I'd post some details of my setup and then others experiencing this issue can perhaps add to this post and, with luck, we might see a pattern?

Setup:
FS9 with XPx64 and FSUIPC (latest) registered version. I also run FSHotSFX, FDC Live Cockpit and AES. On a separate PC via WideFS I have HiFiSim ASE and various other programs.

Of this lot, the only thing I can think of is FSHotSFX since it requires a modification of the FSUIPC Traffic Table (I assume the TCAS gauge is reading from this). Incidentally, the problem is present with both regular AI and also IVAO traffic...

Geoff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:48 am 

Just had another one of these! Again, it was on final approach after 'interacting' with some AI some 10 minutes before...

So, if the gauge itself is unchanged since the initial versions , his about:
- the TCAS ini file, can you (Ernie) post the original values, just to be sure I've not done something to that (don't think I have)
- the position and size of the TCAS logic gauge in the panel.cfg - does it have to be a certain way? (I know, for example, that the DSD XML LVar saving gauge is picky about size and position, even though it doesn't actually display anything) Does it have to be last? does it matter which panel layer it is in if there is more than one layer?

Any ideas welcome. This really starts to be annoying as it has been the source of 4/5 of the last CTD I have seen (usually I can fix the little b*****s)...

Cheers,
Geoff

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:26 pm 

Dredging this old thread back up.

I have continued to see this error is FS2004 with the ISG1 TCAS gauge. It only happens when there has been a traffic advisory (red or yellow) and the sim is on finals. I am aware that folks have reported similar sounding issues with QW panels and I assume you used the same licensed version of the ILH TCAS gauge there as well?

The error seems to be that something is 'triggered' by an AI (or multiplayer user aircraft) being very close, and then a secondary factor (low altitude or airspeed I guess) causes the later crash... Or else it is just that fact that on final approach, the FSUIPC TCAS table is more likely to be 'busy' in which case it might just be like a memory leak, where onc triggered, it is just a matter of time...

The error has not been observed in close pass situations at altitude, and not all low altitude passes cause it. I appreciate that this is a difficult one, but it does seem to be common to several users. Any ideas at all?

PS. I wonder if it could be something to do with either of the two 'AI management' programs, AISeparation or AISmooth? They are causing the AI to move about in a 'non-standard' way that might upset the TCAS gauge? Also, the FSUIPC traffic zapper is quite a reliable way to crash the ISG1 TCAS, if the traffic being 'eliminated' is close...

Geoff