[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Loading error since V1.8

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Loading error since V1.8
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:50 pm 

Hiya,

Since i've upgraded to V1.8 i've regularly yet not all the time, the following error message when loading a plane in FS9.

Any ideas what i causing this? Resources could/should not the problem because i run a "fast" computer (Intel dual core, E6850 @ 3GHz) with enough memory (2GB)

Marcel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:16 am 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:17 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:36 am 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:16 pm 

Uhm, respectfully interrupting here,
but I have had that issue ever since Navigraph support was added.
I have even responded to another user with the very same problems
which you can see here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3900
Also note the same issue here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3672

The symptoms are still the same and even though I have a new computer
it still happens.
Install the gauges they work fine.
Reboot the computer and FS9 refuses to load the gauges.
It has, as far as I can see, nothing to do with memory or scenery.
It must be something in the Airac or the way those files are handled.
It was like that with 1.7 and it still is like that with 1.8.

No security is running, nothing is preventing anything from writing anywhere,
even DEP has been shutdown (I still run XP professional) and no AV or firewalls.

cheers

JP.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:16 am 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:38 pm 

Ernie, I will get to work on the tasks you've outlined this weekend,
will post the results and modus operandi for you to read and hopefully
we can get to the bottom of this.
If I do not find out anything that way, I will ask you for the gauges
you mention but having this as a handle I am fairly certain something could be found.

I still believe it is the Navdata though.
And the common denominator is the message.

There is but one thing I have not tried yet, and that is updating navdata.

As for the question on the new machine, my FS9 install doesn't look like the old one,
many planes and panels installed in the old FS9 did not make it to the new
so that is why I am pretty surprised to see that message return as well.

I have alrady tried several options but the gist is always "install the gauges, they work fine,
then reboot the computer, FS refuses to load gauges".
It's a weirdo for sure and it doesn't seem to happen to many people.

Anyway, I have time saturday so I'll invest that time and hopefully something comes out of that.

cheers

JP.

Edited to add : I also always load the default Cessna first, and only then select the aircraft I want to fly
as that usually ensures the plane/sim is initiated correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:34 am 

--------------------------------------------------------

If you really wanted to spend time on this (cause again I can't reproduce it)....

1) Rename or move the fs/isg folder. Then it doesn't find any data to load , no config settings made. The gauges
are unaffected by the lack of Navdata, you just won't have any data to use.

If it works this suggests a problem with the Navdata.

Renamed navdata folder to navdata1, loaded plane and no problems or message.

Make a backup copy of the orinal panel.cfg first.

2) Make a copy of the panel.cfg, and remove all windows except [window00], insert one isg subgauge as
gauge00, and load the panel again.

If it works this suggests another gauge installed on the panel is in conflict with it.

Done as suggested, plane loads fine but after rebooting computer still get the message

3) Make a copy of the orginal panel.cfg, Take the gauge and move it to window[00], comment out gauge00
put one of the isg1 gauges as gauge00. (load from the 2d, do not open the VC).

If it works this suggests another gauge installed on the panel 'before' the isg1 gauge is in conflict with it.

Done as well and still get the message, order of gauges seems to have no effect also

4) Re-install FS9, but 'do not' install any other addons, except the isg gauge, and install it in a default aircraft.

If it works this suggests , another addon installed is the preventing the gauge from loading.

I have a virgin install of FS9 on my system due to testing another aircraft.
That aircraft has been removed, ISG has then been installed and the aforementioned tests have been carried out in this FS9 install as well as in the install I normally use for flying.
It makes no difference at all.
In either installation you can install the ISG gauges, reboot the computer and have the
sim refuse to load the gauges.

I am nudging towards the navdata as I simply don't see what else it could be at this point.
I noticed the ISG navdata folder contained both the old and the new named files
for NAVDATA and I thought that might be still present in the ISG gauge so it sorta
gets confused.
However, removing one or the other set of files makes no difference on how the gauge behaves.
I am therefor thinking it may indeed be performance related.
Just how exactly I don't know yet but I'll keep digging as and when I have time.
Memory usage is very low though, there is 2 GB installed and when FS9 runs it hardly ever gets above 900mb,
and only does so loading relatively new complex airports with advanced animations and whatnot.
Usually it is anywhere between 700 and 800 mb.

cheers

JP.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:13 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 am 

Good plan, I'll try that out.
Will report back in a few days.

cheers

JP.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:08 pm 

Hi,
can't help with FS9 but maybe it is worth to check 2 things:

1) Read a previous intervention regarding installing ISG update 1.8. A wrong installation with the SimMarket download can cause some errors.

2) I'm using FSX and no Mem problems so far.
It happens that when using certain ADD-ONS and then reloading a Default or any other aircraft the ISG-Gauges do not load.
In this case it is clear that the Add-on is causing the Error. Up to now i did not search for the reason.

3) As far as NAVDATA is concerned i do not substitude the previous ISG-File. I'm just inserting/creating a new one that includes all actual/previous data + new Airac data if found, using a separate program for it that is scanning/comparing all Data-lines. In other words, my apts-file is including all older original ISG airports + new NavData.

regards,
Raimund

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:04 pm 

Hi,

I want to report, that with my FS9.1 and my Dreamwings Dash, which I have equipped with the ISG1, I get the same error message. There is enough memory free, but I am not able to load this aircraft again with the latest AIRAC.

Rgds
Reinhard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:23 pm 

Hi,

Just one thing, which came across my mind with this error: We had a situation in earlier releases, where you have been able to handle a certain amount of intersections, etc.

You remember: I was not able to enter some waypoints (like XANUT). Maybe the latest AIRAC cycles again hit one of your limits again ? Just a guess.

EDIT: Just found, that the intersection file has 210.700 entries. The MISC file in the documentation shows 170.000 max. Not sure if the documentation is old (this limit has already been in older versions and I assume it to be higher now) but you should definitely look into this topic to be sure.

I have now renamed my Navdata subfolder and the gauges are loading without problems. Just for your info.

Rgds
Reinhard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:49 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:34 pm 

Ernie,

It's hard to believe. Since two days it's working again. The only thing I did in the meantime: I renamed the Navadata folder and I installed the latest AIRAC several times. And suddenly it's working as before. I understand, that such a type of error isn't trackable by you. Although it exists ...

I don't understand my system anymore. No idea, what's the reason. Maybe an updated version of the anti-virus program (AVIRA) . That's the only automatic update I have normally enabled. But in fact it's a mystery for me.

Rgds
Reinhard