[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Inserting new point in LEGS page causes route to be removed

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:52 am 

Hi Ernie

First of all I'm having a lot of fun with Isg1 on my hybrid cockpit system.
There is just one problem with the smith fms...
When i want to add points/navaids/...on the legs page the complete route on the legs page gets removed and the point I entered will become a direct to point which is not what it should do. If for example I want to add the rnav points of the EDDF 25R approach like Df401 DF402 etc I have to add them on the RTE page if I want to keep my route intact. Temporary solution I can live with but I cannot add points such as KOK007/25 (25nm from KOK VOR on radial 007) which is kind of anoying sometimes...
I think a quick change in the code should do it :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:05 pm 

Hi, D

On the FMS, Click

Then
Insert your waypoint, NAV or Runway Intersection you would like to insert in your Flightplan.

Then
the following routes will still be active.

Then
by option you can aslo set your disired Speed and Altitude as it continue with your following flightplan as filed.

Cheers!!

American Hauler.
T. Headlam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:19 pm 

Hi

Thx for the reply but I'm aware of the DTO but this solution does not work when I want to insert a complete set of points to the end of my route such as the complete rnav procedure for ILS 25R for EDDF

Take for example this chart: http://nav.vatsim-germany.org/files/edg ... _RWY25.pdf

When I want to add all points starting from UNOKO because the RNAV trans to final approach is not in the airac I need to enter all these points to the RTE page as putting them into the LEGS page removes my route. But I don't want my plane to fly direct to those points, I want to put them in there as preparation for my approach before I actually start my approach as I'm flying a DC-8-63 which requires more inpit then just a few numbers in the AP as my AP is just very basic and no autothrottle on it...

Adding them to the RTE page is a solution but points which are defined as a combination of a VOR or NDB or NAVAID with a radial and distance, e.g. R080 from KOK VOR a,d 10 nm would be defined as KOK080/10 in the fms, cannot be added to the RTE page as the RTE page only sees KOK. And again I don't want to fly directly to that point but I want to add it to my LEGS page in order to prepare my approach

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:29 pm 

Ok, On the UNOKO25N and S Arrival inserting those legs into the FMS can be performed but like you said it has to be manually inserted. IF YOUR AIRAC is up to date, the legs are there.

Now with those certain runway intersection on a RNAV approach. Majority of those intersection that are listed on the charts would not work if inputing it the same way you see it.

e.g. Lets insert D38 BSN into the FMS, LFPG Arrival.

The result as you know will be NOT IN DATABASE.

But if you enter BSN38, This would be acceptable.

I also see your point. Best i could do for the need of results to this matter.
Cheers! agaian :)

T. Headlam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:21 pm 

Thx, again :)

Still I hope Ernie can bring out a fix as I keep forgetting it and just before pressing EXEC I realise I shouldn't do it :p

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:13 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:50 am 

Well that's the first time I hear that... And it doesn't only happen during approach procedures but also in flight. And it worked before and now it doesn't anymore and according to my info it should be like in the previous versions...
Just curious if the bug can be fixed because it's quite anoying...
Sometimes Atc tells me: after ZZZ fly direct XXX and it's very handy if this can be set before I get to ZZZ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:21 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:36 pm 

it worked in the previous verions but since 1.8 it doens't work anymore on my end
As soon as I add a point at the end of my LEGS page the complete route gets deleted and the point I entered becomes the first point on the LEGS page with no other points after it. When pressing erase instead of EXEC the route just comes back but obviously I loose my entered point...
I'll try a reinstall of the gauge and see if that solves the problem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:23 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:25 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:43 am 

Just did another test on ground and it seems that as soon as you press exec on the fms the route stays and it jus puts the point entered at the end of the route on the legs page
But as I never dared to press exec as he fms deletes the complete route and just displays the point entered in the legs page before you press exec I never tested if it would actually remove the route. So the bug is not that it removes the route if you press exec but it removes he route temporary when you entered a point and the fms ask for confirmation that you really want to add that point, at that point its just displays that point and nothing else but if you press exec the rest ofthe route pops up again...
Will also test later this day if it does the same in flight

EDIT: so I tested in flight and it reacts the same as on the ground. On the MOD page of LEGS the route gets deleted but as soon as ou press EXEC the route comes back and the point gets added at the end

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:00 pm 

Here in fotos what I did

Fms initial page

Route page and its steps

After pressing exec the mod perf init

After EXEC selecting departure

Page 4 of the legs page to add COA at the end of the line. Page 3 has no more free space

Selecting the correct COA, the first one

After selecting the first COA we return to the legs page but as you can see we are now on page 1/4, but we only got to 1/4 after pressing the prev page button as we returned automatically to 4/4. The route is gone as COA is the first point on page 1/4

After pressing EXEC COA shows up on page 4/4 and the route is also back on the first 3 pages

I hope it helps

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:38 pm 

I can see that the preview before execution is not showing the change, but when you press EXEC, the change is made correctly.

A bit confusing maybe, but not a major issue.

I'll put it on the to-do list.

Regards.
Ernie.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:01 pm 

Great, thx :)
Maybe just a little request to add the irs option to, just as PMDG does, enter the ref airport and show 'last pos' above the irs coordinates enter position, when you click on this the current position gets selected just as it would do when selecting a dto point in the dto list and then you can just enter that set of coordinates in it.