[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Fsbuild 2.4.0.18 Update (Pre-Release)

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:09 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:58 pm 
Ernie, I'm not sure if it's a problem, but I upgraded to .9 (fresh install) and cycle 1101 and I watched FSBuild rebuild the map databases. I think it rebuilds them in the following order: VOR's, NDB's, Intersections, Airports, Airways, and finally SID's and STAR's. I have noticed this issue earlier, but decided to take a closer look this time. During the building of the SID and STAR databases, there's a line running horizontally. It does not appear from the start of the SID or STAR rebuild, which makes me think it could be a buggy SID and STAR?

SID line:

STAR line:

In both cases I took the shot when the line appeared, but as the rebuild is quite fast, it's hard to pinpoint it to a precise airport (if at all applicable). But both are close to the listed ones (VIDP and UTTT).

:?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:18 am 

Not really a bug.

Just a line not closed when it moves between the IDL on the map.

It wasn't worth my time trying to fix it, it doesn't affect Sid/Stars entry in the Map DB.

Regards.
Ernie.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:38 am 
Roger that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 pm 

For one of the minor updates could the option Build From Route Grid be either turned on by default or made sticky between sessions?

I'm a Radar Contact beta tester and offer support on its forum. Frequently for waypoints extremely close to departure I recommend turning on that option, deleting that waypoint from the grid, and rebuild/export the file for RC to avoid missing the narrow flyby option of those close waypoints when using fast aircraft. Occasionally we also see a plan with autoroute where the on-field VOR or beacon is included but located before the departure end of the runway and is not in the procedure and departure direction and would require a 180 twice in departure. While probably not in the new Navdata based procedures it still might occur.

It is also useful in using RC's options regarding vectoring and waypoint monitoring limits for departure and approach and matching waypoints in close in portions of terminal procedures between RC and FMC waypoints. It will also be of use in RC's next generation.

Unless someone sees a negative aspect to having this option either sticky between sessions and/or on by default (becoming effective after the first build so it does not interfere with generating the initial route grid) it would simplify proofing the route in the map view and making corrections.

Thanks for considering this. fsb tips and update.zip [2.98 KiB]
Downloaded 3551 times

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:27 pm 
BTW, I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere in this thread, NaviGraph AIRAC Cycle 1101 Rev.2 for FSBuild2 was posted on their website on Jan. 27th. Installing it now along with the .9 update.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:00 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:31 pm 

Hi Ernie;

Same problem here FSBuild 2.4.0.8 does not seem to get the winds aloft data from ASv6 anymore. I'll try 2.4.0.9 and let you know. Thanks.

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:39 pm 

Disregard;

I installed 2.4.0.9 and checked in the settings tab to make sure "ActiveSky" was the selected weather source, which it wasn't. Once I re-selected it everything worked fine. I suspect that was also the problem with 2.4.0.8 as well. It seems at some point that the weather source setting became reset to nothing and I failed to check it.

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:17 pm 

I have upgraded to version 9 and tried again to get it to autogenerate a route from EGBB to EGPD. It still generates a strange route. I have latest Navdata also. Although not as bad as first update version did.

EGBB ROBIN UN601 POL UP17 OBOXA UY250 GASKO UP18 BALID EGPD

Is what it generates if I do a standard autogenerate - it doesnt attempt to put a sid into the route regardless of the settings I use. (in this case a TNT3D)

If i force a sid into the autogenerate which to do I have to type EGBB TNT3D * EGPD in first then I get the below.

EGBB TNT3D UN57 POL UP17 OBOXA UY250 GASKO UP18 BALID EGPD
I cant see why it would want to suggest this route at all.

A real world route would be

EGBB TNT3D TNT N57 POL UN601 TLA N601 GRICE P600 ADN EGPD

If i say type part of this route in again to semi help FSBUILD so say EGBB TNT3D TNT N57 POL UN601 TLA * EGPD

Then autogenerate again it gives this

TNT3D N57 POL UN601 TLA LUK EGPD

Again choosing not to use an airway that is running right across the top of TLA

Again if i put in EGBB TNT3D TNT N57 POL UN601 TLA N601 GRICE * EGPD

then I get this

EGBB TNT3D TNT N57 POL UN601 TLA N601 GRICE IDDE EGPD - still not wanting to use an airway running straight at EGPD

My concern is that it doesnt seem to want to use airways - and is choosing direct to and fixes over the use of airways. Now in this case i am more than familar with the correct route needed - but sometimes I struggle to know the exact possibilites other than searching various tracker programs so relly on FSBUILD to give me something likley - it seemed to do that better before the updates. With the examples above even when i pretty much given it the full route it still wants to do something stange.

Sorry just to add to this I was generating routes with 767 so it was giving high level cruise - if i lock the level at something below the upperairway so say 22000 i get this EGBB TNT3D ITD NTP BALID EGPD again all DCT to points and not realisitic or using airways at all!

Further edit - i have just done the rebuild map databases thing (which i didnt think made any difference only if using PM mode) However having done that if I do a autogenerate now at high level i get this -

EGBB TNT3D UN57 POL UP17 OBOXA Y250 GASKO UP18 BALID P18 ADN24 EGPD

Still wrong but it has now added the p18 ADN24 bit to it

Regards

James

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:51 pm 

Attachments:
File comment: Flight planning KDFW to KATL
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 251.68 KiB | Viewed 132704 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:21 am 

Attachments:
fsbvr10_1.jpg
fsbvr10_1.jpg [ 159.07 KiB | Viewed 132695 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:17 am 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:02 am 

Hi Ernie!

I find still one problem left in 2.4.0.10 - let's have a look at the following example, but I've seen this issue on any other pair of airports I have tried.

1.) Enter "LEAL" for departure, "EDDV" for destination, and change to plan mode PM

2.) Press the "H" button for searching high altitude airways (or leave it activated if it has been pressed before, and maybe you want to deactivate any other airway button)

3.) Select (left-click) the "MITO2A" departure in the SID/DP box

4.) Select (left-click) "MITOS I" in the Route box, then right-click it again and select "Show airways that pass over waypoint 'MITOS'"

5.) You will see that NO airways have been found!

6.) For verification, now again select (left-click) "MITO2A" in the SID/DP box, then right-click it an select "Insert 'MITO2A' SID/SP into Route"

7.) Select (left-click) "MITOS" in the third line of the grid, then right-click it again and select "Show airways that pass over Wpt MITOS"

8.) Now you can see that there are two high altitude airways passing over MITOS: UN609 and UN851

=> See first attached screenshot.

As I remember in FSB 2.3 this function worked, when selecting a waypoint from the Route box while a SID/DP was displayed the passing airways were found without problems. I would appreciate this working again because when manually building a route I want to see in which directions the airways are going from the various departure end points, before I insert a SID into the route (and in many cases at this stage of planning I do not insert the SID at all …).

It is working for the STAR:

9.) Select (left-click) the "ELNA2P" arrival route in the STAR box

10.) Select (left-click) "ELNAT" in the Route box, then right-lick it and select "Show airways that pass over waypoint 'ELNAT'"

11.) Two airways (UL190 and UN851) have been found (actually UN851 is not passing over ELNAT, but is leading close nearby)

=> See second attached screenshot.

Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot step (8.)
FSBuild24010_001.PNG
FSBuild24010_001.PNG [ 59.23 KiB | Viewed 132684 times ]
File comment: Screenshot step (11.)
FSBuild24010_002.PNG
FSBuild24010_002.PNG [ 59.98 KiB | Viewed 132684 times ]

VATroute route administrator

Looking for handmade, validated routes, meanly in Europe? =>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next