[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - KLAX STARs

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: KLAX STARs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:11 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:40 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:18 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:56 pm 

Shez,

Where did you get the information that the FAA was changing the STAR to include the Approaches?
So far I have not been able to locate any information on it.

I took a look at the STARs and the portion of the STAR you are calling the approach waypoints.
I see the approach begining about 30nm from the airport.
Before that it is all STAR waypoints.

When I look at the DEC2009 SEAVU, RIIVR and LEENA STARs I see the normal STAR transitions and main STAR waypoints.

And, when I look at the ILS approach for 25L (for example) I see:
Three IAFs to ILS 25L

(IAF) SLI, approach transition from the LEENA STAR

(IAF) RIIVR, approach transition from the RIIVR STAR

(IAF) SEAVU, approach transition from the SEAVU STAR

It all looks normal.

And CIVET5, for example:
In FSBuild the STAR waypoints are:
PGS.CIVET5 CIVET
CIVET5 EKECU --- 24L
CIVET5 ROWLA --- 24L
CIVET5 SHURL --- 24L
CIVET5 PFILA --- 24L
CIVET5 SALWA --- 24L
CIVET5 WLNUT --- 24L
CIVET5 HURLR --- 24L
CIVET5 COXEB --- 24R
CIVET5 CAMDI --- 24R
CIVET5 MINZA --- 24R
CIVET5 SKOLL --- 24R
CIVET5 DECOR --- 24R
CIVET5 BREEA --- 24R
CIVET5 PALAC --- 24R
CIVET5 EDDSO --- 25L,25R
CIVET5 LUVYN --- 25L,25R
CIVET5 KRAIN --- 25L,25R
CIVET5 TAROC --- 25L,25R
CIVET5 DYMMO --- 25L,25R
CIVET5 FUELR --- 25L
CIVET5 FEXIV --- 25R
CIVET5 MUSIK --- 25R

The final approach waypoints and mised approach waypoints are not on the STAR (CIVET5) and are not in FSbuild database.
Which is the way it has always been in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:37 pm 

In theory you could simply add the ILS approach waypoints to the STAR itself in the STAR file.

Example (add the waypoints for the 25L ILS to the CIVET STAR (GAATE,HUNDA,LIMMA, LADLE)

CIVET5 EDDSO --- 25L,25R
CIVET5 LUVYN --- 25L,25R
CIVET5 KRAIN --- 25L,25R
CIVET5 TAROC --- 25L,25R
CIVET5 DYMMO --- 25L,25R
CIVET5 FUELR --- 25L
CIVET5 GAATE --- 25L
CIVET5 HUNDA --- 25L
CIVET5 LIMMA --- 25L
CIVET5 LADLE --- 25L

The SEAVU arrival (unless its changing for the next cycle) ends at SEAVU, so there are no legs specific to a runway like is the case for the CIVET arrival.

If you do this, you'd have to be carefull with Navdata updates as the manual changes would be wiped out by any future Navdata updates. You'd have to be carefull to have a backup of your orginal changes
to put back after each Navdata update.

Regards.
Ernie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:50 pm 

Ernie,

Unless I misunderstood his question:

Shez wanted to know if you could do it:

"Currently on autogenerate FSBUILD only builds to the final waypoints RIIVR or SEAVU. Is there any functionality that can be built which includes the ILS waypoints into the route? These waypoints are now part of the approach depending on the runway assigned but there is no way of generating them as part of the flight plan except for manual input.

"Autogenerate", "functionality" and "built" is where I was wondering on meaning.

I tried to show that you have already included the waypoints leaading to the approach if they are part of the currently published STAR.

"Is there any functionality that can be built which includes the ILS waypoints into the route?"

And I think this would mean adding the Approach transition, approach and missed approach during the FSBuild autogenerate.

Unless ILS waypoints here means ILS transition waypoints that are part of the STAR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:43 pm 

I guess Shez will have to clarify then.

But I focused on the 'ILS waypoints' part, and an ILS approach begins at the IAF fix (or localizer intercept after radar vectors).

But his two example STARs (RIIVR, SEAVU), neither have these ILS waypoints, excepting they end at the the IAF fix for 24's, and 25's runways.

Unlike your Civet example which includes ILS waypoints that are part of the approach beyond the IAF.

It sounded like he wanted a way to make the SEAVU STAR, like the CIVET STAR.

The only way to do it would be to manually add them to the STAR file.

Regards.
Ernie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:51 pm 

Ernie,

Correct.
Ok, we can wait to see exactly what he means.

From what he was saying I assumed he meant something like CIVET5.
So I did the screenshot to have him take a look.
And I printed the FSBuild procedure for a quick on screen review.

But FSBuilds' CIVET, SEAVU, and RIIVR are also correct as is right now .. as far as I can tell.

Which led me to believe he wanted the Approach Transition, Main approach and missed approach added to all SIDs.

Or that is the direction the FAA was going with future SIDs for all airports.

And, manually editing and keeping track (monthly maintenance) of all this for all SIDs with multiple approach types would be no joy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:16 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:46 pm 

Last edited by ErnieAlston on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:28 am 

Shez,

You said:
"Can FSBuild have a functionality where if you choose the runway for arrival in the drop down next to the dest/arrival airports for these arrivals the ILS approach fixes from the IAF also get attached to the route?"

So, I assumed you meant, you wanted all the fixes right up to the runway included?

Taking CIVET5 RWY24R for example.

The last STAR waypoint right now is PALAC.
From PALAC to the airport is another 25nm.
So, some "approach" waypoints are missing for that last 25nm approach.

The additional approach waypoints (ILS approach fixes) are:
MERCE, JETSA, ARBIA then runway 24R

So the total STAR would be all the way to the runway.

All STAR waypoints .... to ....> PALAC, then MERCE, JETSA, ARBIA then runway 24R.

That is what I thought you meant.
All the "approach waypoints" in the last screenshot below ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:53 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:46 pm