[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Help with exporting into the PMDG 747

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 pm 

Many moons ago you were good enough to help me and now, after some years away from our hobby, I’m keen to start again.

I’d appreciate your guidance Ernie as I’ve tried all I can without successfully saving your plans into
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft flight Simulator\PMDG\FlightPlans

I’ve tried saving in different formats such as KSFOKLAX001 and KSFO-KLAX and KSFOKLAX and KSFOKLAX.rte.
However whenever using “Save As” the Plan doesn’t end up in the PMDG FlightPlan folder.

In the section where the Export path is to be chosen there is no Brouse function against PMDG. Consequently I entered the path into the first line of that section. Evidently that’s incorrect.

I’ve attached a screen print to illustrate what I mean as well as an attachment showing that I have also ticked the PMDG choices for Export.

Regards..............Cliff

Attachments:
Export problem for PMDG and FSBuild.png
Export problem for PMDG and FSBuild.png [ 117.29 KiB | Viewed 12256 times ]
No Brouse against PMDG.png
No Brouse against PMDG.png [ 111.29 KiB | Viewed 12256 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:02 pm 

Cliff,
Just tell FSBuild where the FS9.exe file is loacted when you select the export path for "home" on the first line.
It has the "browse" button.
like .. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft flight Simulator

Then FSBuild will figure the rest out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:09 pm 

Thanks for responding so quickly Vaughan.

Into the first line I inserted C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
I didn't add the final part of the pth that would have taken it to PMDG\FlightPlans as you note that "FSBuild will figure the rest out.

When saving the name of the Plan is KLAX-KFSO so that's how I saved it.

However when checking the PMDG FlightPlan it hadn't been added.

A couple of thoughts nag at me.

1.After typing the path into the first line for "home" I hit enter but can't check that the correct path is indeed saved as the end of the path isn't visible.

2.Was it correct for me to save with the title being LKAX-KSFO? Or should it be saved as KLAKKSFO. Or KLAXKSFO001.
Or perhaps as KLAXKSFO.rte ???

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 pm 

Cliff,
I am not sure what you are doing.
When you click borwse button then "click" on folders until you find the correct one then click OK.
Go to Settings and "save configuration".
Exit FSbuild.
Restart FSBuild.

After building a flight plan the XXXX.rte file will go to whatever aircraft (pmdg etc) you have selected in the "export to" top menu ...FSBuild will do the export for you .. you do not name anything unless you also wan to save the same plan in the user flight plans folder.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 pm 

You select PMDG 737/747 from the Export To menu,not FS2004 or FSX.

Regards.
Ernie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:43 am 

My thanks to you both for hanging in with me but, so far, there’s been no breakthrough.

After uninstalling and reinstalling in the hope that the previous “unable” message will be dealt with I have followed the sequence below:

1. I construct a Flight Plan.

2 I check that there is a tick against PMDG 737/747. And that there are no other items ticked.

(In Settings I did NOT tick either Export to PMDG 737NG or PMDG 777/757)

3. In Options on the first line I broused for the Flight Simulator X folder and hit OK. I do this only once as I presume it remains with FSX unless changed by me)

4. In File I selected “Save Flight Plan” and in my trial of EGAC to EGKK the title is EGAC-EGKK.

5. I hit Save Route to User Flight Plans file and received a Route Saved confirmation.

6. I consulted the PMDG FlightPlans folder. However there nothing new there.

Please..........where am I going wrong?

Regards.....................Cliff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:18 pm 

Cliff,

In step 1 you said:
1. I construct a Flight Plan.

Tell me how you did that?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:51 pm 

I constructed a flight plan as follows and, in this case, I’ve used KBOS to KLGA.

1. Type KBOS into the Departure box.

2. Type KLGA into the Destination box.

3. Click on Route under Folder Items.

4. Click on Route at the bottom next to "North Atlantic Tracks".

5 Hit Autogenerate. In this case a stored route is available.

6. Hit Build.

7. Hit PM on the top right.

8. Hit “Export to” in the top Task Bar and place a tick next to PMDG 737/747. (This is blank when I access it. I would have thought it would retain the tick)

9 From FILE select Save Flight Plan

10. The name of the Plan appears as KBOS-KLGA.

11. Hit “Save Route to User Plans File”. (Therefore in line one of Options shouldn’t I have broused for the PMDG\FlightPlans folder in FSX rather than the FSX Folder?)

12. Receive a message reading KBOS-KLGA Route Saved.

13 Hit OK

14. Go to the PMDG FlightPlan folder to check if the new Plan is there. It isn’t.

It may be relevant to mention that I’m flying under Windows 7

Regards............Cliff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:12 pm 

Cliff,

After FSBuild builds your flight plan/route.
Do you get a "Results" box displayed?
If so, do a screenshot of it and post it here.
I need to see what exactly each line in the results box says.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:44 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:08 pm 

Bingo!

My sequence was flawed and now, since following your advice, the problem no longer exists.

I want to say something to you both, Vaughan and Ernie. I feel that I've come home.

What do I mean? Many years ago, soon after the creation of the first version of Microsoft Flight Simulator, I used FSBuild
to create my Flight Plans. It became like an old friend.

After being away for a while I returned to our hobby to find other flight planners such as VRoute, FS Commander and so on.

But now, with your help and guidance, I've come home to what feels like an old friend.

So...........thank you. I'm grateful to you both.

With my regards..................Cliff