[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - NATS -Strange Routing

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: NATS -Strange Routing
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:17 pm 

I have really had excellent help from Ernie in understanding and compiling NATS routing.I have no problems with the East Bound routes but my problem arises when compiling an West Bound route.

For Example I have today tried to plan a flight from EGLL to KSEA.

I decided to use Track A and manually entered the following;

EGLL * ERAKA TRACKA HO * KSEA and I then autogenerated the route.

However,I then received a route of 6144 n miles when the true distance is about 4155 nmiles.

When I looked at the map I left EGLL went to the North West of Ireland over the atlantic then came back over to switzerland and then from there over to KSEA-an additional 2000 miles or so.

I would love to know where I have gone wrong here as there were no co ordinates in the plan for the atlantic crossing.The 2 entry and departure points i.e.Eraka and HO were both together in the plan with nothing in between them.

I would welcome any help/advice please.

Incidentally I had the same issue yesterday in trying to plan a EGBE to KBOS flight.

Many thanks in anticipation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:01 am 

HO is your point in Switzerland.

The NAT is wrongly named. TRAKA (no C)

Try EGLL * SUNOT TRAKA YDP * KSEA

The current set of tracks show those as the entry / exit points - www.fsbuild.com/nat/pilotweb.nas.faa.go ... n/nat.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:39 pm 

Hi Norman,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes,I put in your suggested track and achieved a dircet routing from EGLL to KSEA without the previous' diversion'.

I am fairly new to NATS and I noticed that going from East to West' Sunot' was my Atlantic entry point and then' YDP' on the other side.However,I was under the impression that I should see co-ordinate numbers between these 2 points in order to guide me accross the 'pond'-am I right or wrong here?

I should be obliged if you could advise me further and again I thank you for your invaluable help.

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:38 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:40 pm 

Hi Again,

No,in the navlog I am not seeing the co-ordinates between sunot and ydp.

Would appreciate further assistance.

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:53 pm 

Post your fsbuild2.cfg file please.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:18 pm 

I am having difficulty in attaching the cfg file to this post.

Can I send this to an E Mail address please.

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:03 pm 

Having gone back and checked the details i can confirm that my Autogen Route is exactly the same as the one you produced.

As far as the Nav Log is concerned it is more or less the same apart from the ommision of TrakA airways between SUNOT and YDP and therefore no co
-ordinates show up-quite strange.
I have tried to attach a copy of my FS BUILD cfg but the system will not let me do this,so maybe an E Mail address might help.

Many thanks.

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:11 pm 

Simply copy and paste it here - maybe others will see it and be able to help too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:56 am 

Hi Norman,

Once again many thanks for your reply.

Although I am not that 'techy' I know how to copy and paste.

However when I go into my FS Build cfg file and click copy when I come back into this page it does not allow me paste.

Can you walk me through the easiest method of doing this.

Again thanks for your help.

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:37 am 

The file uploader doesnt allow .cfg files.

Browse to the file.
Open it using notepad.
Press Ctrl A
Press Ctrl C

Now go to your new reply.
In the white box press Ctrl V

Press submit :)

Last edited by Norman on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:44 am 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:22 am 

[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
AIRCRAFT=B767-300 Level-D
SBPC_SERVER=vatsim.net
ROUTELINE=1
AUTOGEN_RTE_LIMIT=2000
NAVLOGTITLE=AMERICA WEST VIRTUAL
NAVLOGIMAGEBOTTOM=750
NAVLOGIMAGELEFT=20
NAVLOGTEXTTOP=720
NAVLOGIMAGEFILE=awebanner.jpg
NAVCHKDUPDIST=100
WEATHERPROG=INFOMETAR

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT GAMES\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X
F1ATR72_RTE=C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT GAMES\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X\Flight One S
SSWA310_FPN=C:\FS\FS2002\SSW
SB3_FP=S:\SB4
FSINN_FP=S:\FSFDT\FSCOPILOT\FLIGHTPLANS
IVAP_FP=C:\FS\IVAO\IVAP
FSACARS_FSA=C:\FS\FSACARS
FSC_PLN=C:\FS\FSC
VASFMC_FMC=C:\FS\VASFMC
FPI_FSB=C:\FS\FPI CLIENT
FSMETEO=C:\FS\FSMETEO
ACTIVESKY=C:\FS\FS2004\MODULES\ASV6
WEATHERCTR=C:\FS\FS2002\MODULES\WEATHERCENTER2\OFFLINE2.WCA
GATEKEEPER=C:\PROGRAM FILES\GATEKEEPER
MAPCREATE=C:\FS\MAPCREATE

[FLY!]
INFOMETAR=C:\FS\FLY! II\INFOMETAR

[PS1]
PS1_FMS=C:\FS\PS13

[X-PLANE]
XPLANE_HOME=C:\FS\XPLANE8

[STARTUP]
TOC_TOD
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
WINDS_ALOFT
RVSM_FL
FS2000_GPS
AUTOREFRESH_ON
LOADNATS
LOADPATCOSWNATS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:42 pm 

Hi Norman,

Thanks for the help in assisting me to upload my FSBUILD cfg file.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:52 pm 

You are missing the most important line from [fsbuild] for your issue.

NATRAKURL=www.fsbuild.com/nat/pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/common/nat.html

Paste that into your .cfg and start FSB.