Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:46 pm 

Hi, I need some support to run the FsBuild 2.4. I've installed the program in a Windows 7 64-Bit environment as administrator. I didn't use the standard path and replaced it by C:\FSBuild. The installation itself didn't raise any error message. But when I start the program I get the error message "Member not found". In the background I can see the FsBuild startup screen with the text "Configuring lower interface". After closing the error message the application starts but the startup screen remains as second window. The UI is different to what I expect because the UI is incompletely loaded. I assume that some Windows modules cannot be loaded. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:48 pm 

Try running from the right click menu "run as administrator"...

DJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:01 pm 

Running FsBuild as administrator does not help. My current workaround is running the application in a Windows XP virtual PC.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:11 pm 

All I can suggest is to remove the program and do a complete re-install and see if the problem goes away.

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:25 pm 

I re-installed the application several times but always the same result. It seems not to be compliant with my Windows 7 version. It works fine in a Windows XP environment.

Thanks for the help

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:19 pm 

Actually, it runs just fine on Win7 x64 over multiple versions... What version are you running and are you running it in US English? There are no special dependencies outside of the Visual C++ runtimes and IE. You might download and install the Visual C++ 2005 runtime package...

DJ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:54 pm 

Sorry for the late answer. I run the Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate version. It is a German installation but the US English language package is also installed. So I can switch between both languages in the user interface ( I don't mean the keyboard layout!). But it doesn't make any difference in the behaviour of the FsBuild application.
I re-installed the Visual C++ 2005 package. Again: no difference.
I guess I have to live with the workaround running the application in the Windows XP mode.

Thanks

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 pm 

I have to admit I'm out of bright ideas. I have to suspect it may be something in the translation layer - perhaps Ernie will stop by with a better answer...

DJ