Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:38 pm 

Using Windows 7 64 bit and FSBuild 2.4. Download Saturday. Installed OK. Originally installed program in my FSX directory which is not on C: drive. But lately had some issues with export directories which were probably my fault. Panicked (wrongly). Tried to run the repair utility(not uninstall at first) and got the attached error message so rightly or wrongly I uninstalled it. Seemed to have gotten everything removed. After reinstalling this time I installed in suggested default drive 486x. On this start-up got a first run set options message or something like that and also realized that the users category still had my flight-plan in it when I expected them to be gone from reinstall. Tried repair again(got same message) and then uninstalled and reinstalled back to my original spot in FSX directory. Now when I try to save configuration under options page settings it won't save them on program restart. Need help with this. All of this was done as administrator. Any help would be appreciated. Error message attached. Thanks.

Current FSBuild config file

[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
AIRCRAFT=B767-300 Level-D
SBPC_SERVER=vatsim.net
ROUTELINE=1
AUTOGEN_RTE_LIMIT=2000
NAVLOGTITLE=AMERICA WEST VIRTUAL
NAVLOGIMAGEBOTTOM=750
NAVLOGIMAGELEFT=20
NAVLOGTEXTTOP=720
NAVLOGIMAGEFILE=awebanner.jpg
NAVCHKDUPDIST=100

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=E:\FSX
F1ATR72_RTE=E:\FSX\Flight One Software\Flight One ATR 72-500\FlightPlans
SSWA310_FPN=C:\FS\FS2002\SSW
SB3_FP=S:\SB4
FSINN_FP=S:\FSFDT\FSCOPILOT\FLIGHTPLANS
IVAP_FP=C:\FS\IVAO\IVAP
FSACARS_FSA=C:\FS\FSACARS
FSC_PLN=C:\FS\FSC
VASFMC_FMC=C:\FS\VASFMC
FPI_FSB=C:\FS\FPI CLIENT
FSMETEO=C:\FS\FSMETEO
ACTIVESKY=C:\FS\FS2004\MODULES\ASV6
WEATHERCTR=C:\FS\FS2002\MODULES\WEATHERCENTER2\OFFLINE2.WCA
GATEKEEPER=C:\PROGRAM FILES\GATEKEEPER
MAPCREATE=C:\FS\MAPCREATE

[FLY!]
INFOMETAR=C:\FS\FLY! II\INFOMETAR

[PS1]
PS1_FMS=C:\FS\PS13

[X-PLANE]
XPLANE_HOME=C:\FS\XPLANE8

[STARTUP]
TOC_TOD
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
WINDS_ALOFT
RVSM_FL
ISG1
GOOGLEMAPS
AUTOREFRESH_ON
LOADNATS
LOADPATCOSWNATS

Attachments:
File comment: Error message received when trying to repair.
FSBuild Repair Error.jpg
FSBuild Repair Error.jpg [ 48.09 KiB | Viewed 9963 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:29 pm 

Couple of things occur to me - first, the message you are seeing says that the uninstaller cannot find the FSBuild 2.4 setup file in the location from which you originally made the installation; second, when running in Win7 you should run the installer and FSBuild from the right click menu item "run as administrator". That will give you more permissions than as a user in the admin group. Finally, in order to do a complete uninstall, run the uninstaller and then manually delete the FSBuild subdirectory if it still exists - modified or created files are rarely removed by uninstallers.

DJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:03 pm 

DJ,

First off thanks for the help. I did as you say after the error message and found three files: uninHs. exe, unin000.exe and of course fsbuild2.exe. Since the program gives you two choices repair and delete I ran the uninHs because I'm pretty sure it was the executable for repair and the other is program delete. I ran the file and a window came up asking me if I wanted to delete some DLLs. I said no being cautious and later realized that's what I should have probably done. The program finished saying the repair had been made. I reinstalled the program after making sure I cleaned everything up as you suggested. Well same problems remained. So I ran the uninHs program again but this time no window showed and it deleted the the entire program. I tried several times with the repair choice but kept on deleting the file only. I also ran CC Cleaner but things remained unchanged I did some research and found out that uninHs is called Uninstall for InnoSetup by Han-Soft. This is apparently a customizable program for deciding which files should be deleted or repaired. So I'm guessing these DLLs are trashed and I don't have the names to get to them or suggest a way to fix it. I wonder if Mr Alston might provide a list of the DLLs to be removed or other suggestions. Kinda at the end of my rope and I would hate have to format and reinstall all. But the program features are really good and innovative considering how long it has been around, plan mode being the coolest. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. Again thanks for looking at my problem.

Attachments:
FSBuild exe listing.jpg
FSBuild exe listing.jpg [ 33.06 KiB | Viewed 9931 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:49 pm 

Deleting dll's can be bad news if any other programs are using them... what are the dll's in question? The other thing is that you want to run the uninstall from the control panel rather than trying to guess files to use. I wouldn't use the repair option - depending on who wrote the installer (and I believe it was Simmarket, based on a comment Ernie made in another thread) the repair option may or may not function as it should. FSB is a pretty small program and I've never had a problem with just a straight uninstall, directory delete, and reinstall.

DJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 am 

DJ,

That's just it I don't know but once repair selection came up asking to delete DLLs that where no longer used by any program. Again that happened only once and after that the choice of repair or uninstall just uninstalled. I understand what you mean about files but I was using the program interface in the start menu and only tried the individual files as a last resort. As you know the start menu has run, repair and uninstall as options for FSBuild. If you have the link to Ernie's comment could you send it otherwise I will just search for it. I know it's a elegant program but something got screwed up. If you have any ideas in the future let me know has I am still going to use it even though it is crippled right now. Again thanks SO much for your help.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:28 am 

I think the thread in question was a fairly recent one dealing with the 2.4 upgrade - do a search on 2.4 and/or upgrade...

I'm kind of at a loss with this one - FSBuild doesn't use any special libraries/dll's to do it's thing and makes no registry entries other than Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FSbuild2.exe and Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FSbuild2.exe and Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FSbuild2 which could all be deleted after uninstall. You could uninstall by removing the FSBuild directories manually and then remove those keys and the entries in the Start menu. Then attempt a full install and see how it goes...

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:30 am 

Ok DJ this is the final installment. I did as you suggested. Problems still persist. But most of the functionality remains. I did the tutorials for plan mode without a problem and can save to both FSX and PMDG. The main problem remaining (other than repair and uninstall) is that the fsbuild.cfg file does not always get the configuration changes saved. However I can set some things by editing the config file using documentation for the program(one exception not working is TOC_TOD). If you hear anything in the future that might help please let me know as I'm done with it as I can get most things to work. As usual thank you very much for your help. You are a giving person; rare these days.