Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:01 pm 

I have been using FS Build for a few months and I find it an excellent product.

I am thinking about buying the PMDG 737 shortly and I know that you can export the FS Build flight plan direct into the 737 FMC and I am still trying to come to terms with the FMC process itself especially in relation to SID's and Star's.

My question is this-when I have exported the plan into the FMC does it also contain the relevant Sids/Stars reletive to the runways previously entered within FS Build for both departure and arrival airports?

Therefore,what I am trying to establish is whether I have to undertake any further route planning work within the FMC following the importing from FS Build.

I would appreciate clarification and I apologise if the answer is obvious.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:16 pm 

For any given airport/runway combo, only the SIDs/STARS relevent to the selected runway are shown. These are incorporated into the flight plan using the appropriate waypoints. If you use the autogen feature, the shortest route will be used and you may not get the SID/STAR you want - in that case, chose the SID/STAR from the dropdown and you'll see it entered into the plan line; when you're happy press the "Build" button.

Having said that, there is still work to do in the FMC. When you import a route via the coroute function, the FMC has no way of knowing what constitutes a SID or STAR in the waypoint sequence and as a consequence the waypoint constraints in the AIRAC are lost. You have two choices then: go through the legs and enter the data from your charts or use the FMC to select the SID/STAR combo and delete duplicate or unused waypoints. In order to avoid that work I simply remove SIDs and STARs from the generated plan and select them via the FMC after import, or enter all data by hand, using the generated plan from FSB.

DJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:15 pm 

Many thanks for your help and advice.