[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Error message - Unable to create ISG file

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:47 am 

Hello all. I'm re-posting this message after having posted it in the ISG1 Support forum by mistake.

I just purchased FS Build 2.4 a couple of days ago but it's not working so I'm assuming that the folder got installed in the wrong directory. The result is that when I click on the FLIGHT PLAN buttom and double click on one of the entries I get an error message (in fact I get 2) as follows:

Unable to open Active Sky 'wx'_station_list.txt file

Unable to create ISG file: F2004\ISG\Flight Plans\

When I downloaded the program it was automatically installed in C:Program Files\. After checking out this topic in the forum I tried uinstalling from that directory and re-installing the folder in C:Program Files/Microsoft Games\Microsoft Simulator X\ which is my root directory. Unfortunately Istill get the same result. The solution is probably simple enough but at this point I'm pretty much stuck so I'm relying on a good samaritan out there to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:21 am 

Two things - make sure that FSHOME is set to point to your FS directory and make sure that (FS Directory)\ISG\Flight Plans\ actually exists if you have ISG. If you don't then uncheck it from the export options. Assuming you have win7 or Vista and are using AS2012 or ASE the .wx directory is C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\(ASE or AS2012)\Weather.

DJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:26 pm 

Thank you for the quick reply. I really appreciate it. After unchecking FS2004GPS and ISG I am now able to produce plans for FSX. However I mostly fly PMDG 747-400 and and yet I don't see that one as an option that can be checked off. I see PMDG737 and 777 but not 747. Yet, when I click on the Export To button it shows an option for PMDG 737/747/MD11/J41(MSFS) so there must be a way to select the 747 under the Options button. Any ideas? At this point I have the PMDG737/777 option checked but I get the message Unable to create PMDG 737NG FMC file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FS Build\PMDG\Fiight Plans\DGAA-ENAM.rte

Looking forward to your comments.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:39 pm 

Bring up FSBuild and take a look at the "Options" page. At the top of the grid display you'll see FS_HOME; the folder path should be something like 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X" on a 64 bit system or the path where you have FS installed. If it isn't, browse to the install directory for FS and select it. At the moment, from that message, it appears to point at the FSBuild install directory and that is the cause of your problem. On the second page of the "Options" - "Settings", check the box for PMDG 737NG if you haven't already and then press "Save Config Options". The 737 uses the same format as the 747 and all other current PMDG aircraft.

DJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:50 pm 

I followed your directives and it looks like the folder path is as it should be but I'm not sure that the FS Build folder is in the right directory otherwise it probably wouldn't give me the error message. My actual folder path is as follows:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FS Build\

Both FS Build and PMDG are located in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X directory. Is this how it should be?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:45 pm 

PMDG is where it should be and it really doesn't make any difference where FSBuild is installed. If you open up your fsbuild2.cfg file you should see the entry FS_HOME=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. If you don't then change it with a text editor so it is...

DJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 am 

Thanks DJ. That information was very helpful. I think I'll go through the instructions very carefully to make sure that I understand the program and that I'm using it properly. If I still experience problems at that point I may get back to you. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:09 pm 

Glad to hear it - also take a look at the tutorials linked on the home page here, and rummage through the PDF files in the FSBuild\UserGuide sub-directory...

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:04 am 

Hello again D.J. if you happen to read this. I've gone through the tutorial for FS Build and I don't think I'm doing anything I shouldn't be and yet I'm still getting the message ERR- Unable to create PMDG 737NG FMC file C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FS Build\PMDG\Flight Plan\CYXXCYYC.rte. In FS Build under Options/Export Directories, the file path for PMDG 737 appears to be correct and it has been checked off under Options/Settings. I've tried running FS Build from right click as administrator (I have Vista) but to no avail. I've decided to copy the fsbuild2.cfg file in this message in case it provides a clue.

[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
AIRCRAFT=B767-300 Level-D
SBPC_SERVER=vatsim.net
ROUTELINE=1
AUTOGEN_RTE_LIMIT=2000
NAVLOGTITLE=AMERICA WEST VIRTUAL
NAVLOGIMAGEBOTTOM=750
NAVLOGIMAGELEFT=20
NAVLOGTEXTTOP=720
NAVLOGIMAGEFILE=awebanner.jpg
NAVCHKDUPDIST=100
WEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X\FSBUILD
F1ATR72_RTE=C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X\FSBUILD\Flight One
SSWA310_FPN=C:\FS\FS2002\SSW
SB3_FP=S:\SB4
FSINN_FP=S:\FSFDT\FSCOPILOT\FLIGHTPLANS
IVAP_FP=C:\FS\IVAO\IVAP
FSACARS_FSA=C:\FS\FSACARS
FSC_PLN=C:\FS\FSC
VASFMC_FMC=C:\FS\VASFMC
FPI_FSB=C:\FS\FPI CLIENT
FSMETEO=C:\FS\FSMETEO
ACTIVESKY=C:\FS\FS2004\MODULES\ASV6
WEATHERCTR=C:\FS\FS2002\MODULES\WEATHERCENTER2\OFFLINE2.WCA
GATEKEEPER=C:\PROGRAM FILES\GATEKEEPER
MAPCREATE=C:\FS\MAPCREATE

[FLY!]
INFOMETAR=C:\FS\FLY! II\INFOMETAR

[PS1]
PS1_FMS=C:\FS\PS13

[X-PLANE]
XPLANE_HOME=C:\FS\XPLANE8

[STARTUP]
TOC_TOD
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
RVSM_FL
PMDG737NG
GOOGLEMAPS
AUTOREFRESH_ON
LOADNATS

Looking forward to your comments.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:52 am 

Your FS_HOME path is not set correctly. As reads: "FS_HOME=C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X\FSBUILD" should read: "FS_HOME=C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X". Open the fsbuild2.cfg in note pad and change that line.

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:25 pm 

FINALLY. SUCCESS! Thank you D.J.The problem was obviously the FS_HOME path being incorrect. I can now resume my flying career. My only other issue is my problem with Active Sky which I've dealt with by unchecking "Apply Winds Aloft Data" under Options. I keep getting the message "Unable to open Active Sky'wx_station_list.txt' file" If you can tell me how to fix that I'll be in great shape. Thanks a million.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:16 pm 

If you are running Win7 or Vista the line "ACTIVESKY=C:\FS\FS2004\MODULES\ASV6" should read "ACTIVESKY=C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\(ASE or AS2012)\Weather" depending on which version of Active Sky you are using. If you aren't using a weather program, or if you are using REX or OPUS, then the line "WEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY" should read "WEATHERPROG=" and apply winds aloft should be left unchecked.

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:01 pm 

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks again DJ. Everything now seems to be working as it should. You are a very good trouble shooter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:34 am 

I found the folder for ASE\Weather as described "ACTIVESKY=C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASE\Weather" and the files:
current_wx_snapshot.txt
current_synthesized_wx.txt

were in it. Up one folder to ASE just had:
current_wx_snapshot.txt

1. Which one is getting used
2. FSBuild is not pulling in winds aloft as I can see in its route table last column or in the nav log.

From the fsbuild2.cfg file:
[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=H:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\FLIGHT SIMULATOR 9\
ACTIVESKY=C:\USERS\RONZIE\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\ASE\WEATHER

and
[STARTUP]
TOC_TOD
INCL_CROSSING_ALTS
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
WINDS_ALOFT
AUTOREFRESH_ON

so I should be pulling it in, correct? Do I need a "\" at the end of the weather file path?

I am not getting any error messages. just no data.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:46 am 

Hi, Ronzie

Here's what mine looks like:
[FSBUILD]
AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1
MAGYEAR=2010
AIRCRAFT=A319-111 w/ CFM56-5B5/P
SBPC_SERVER=www.vatsim.net
ROUTELINE=1
AUTOGEN_RTE_LIMIT=100
NATRAKURL=www.fsbuild.com/nat/pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/common/nat.html
NAVCHKDUPDIST=100
WEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=C:\FLIGHT SIMULATOR 9
ACTIVESKY=C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASE\Weather
//ACTIVESKY=C:\Flight Simulator 9\Modules\ASv6

[FLY!]

[PS1]

[X-PLANE]

[STARTUP]
STEP_CLIMB
TOC_TOD
INCL_CROSSING_ALTS
CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILD
DISPRTEWPTSONMAP
WINDS_ALOFT
RVSM_FL
F1ATR72
FS2000_GPS
FSX_GPS
IFLY_737
IFLY_747V2
LDS767
LAGOMD80
PMDG737NG
PSSA320
PSS757777
QW757
FTB737
FTERJ
DAF100
AUTOREFRESH_ON
LOADNATS

This works fine - I checked it this AM before posting just to make sure nothing has changed. I'm running Win7. I noticed your FS_HOME has FS in 'Program Files' so I assume you are running XP or Vista? The path in my file is the one that FSBuild and ASE use for the weather files and does not require a terminal '\'.

The only thing I notice on what you posted is that 'WINDS_ALOFT' is in italics - if that is really the case, then try changing it to non-italic. Other than that, I have no idea what is happening. I assume you are running FSB "as administrator".

DJ