[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Export To Location Woes

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Export To Location Woes
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:45 pm 

I'm using FSBUILD 2.4.0.32 Build 283 and P3DV3

Since there is no EXPORT TO option for P3D, I presume that I would have to choose FSX (XML). It does successfully build the plan, however, FSB2 places the file in Documents/Flight Simulator X Files/ instead of Documents/Prepar3D v3 Files, where it needs to be. I changed the FS2004/FSX Export Directory location to "Documents/Prepar3D v3 Files", but didn't work. Is there some cfg file that can be edited to correct the Export Directory locations?

I have the exact same scenario with the PMDG 737NGX. FSB2 wants to store the FP in "documents/prepar3d v3 files/pmdg/flightplans", and it does store them there properly. However, to be seen as a company route in the aircraft, it must be stored in "C:/p3d_v3/pmdg/flightplans/ngx". Of course, I can manually move the flightplans from one location to another, that's kind of a nuisance. Another thought I had would be to link the folders, but if I can find a way to edit the default directory locations, that would be the correct way to fix it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:20 pm 

Hi, fleahead

Until, or if, Ernie Alston updates the exports you will have to move the files manually. Ernie is working other projects for Qualitywings and only is appearing here occasionally because he is very busy there.

DJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:00 pm 

So you don't think the default export directories appear in any editable cfg files?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:20 pm 

Hi Fleahead
What you need to do is to set FSBuild to point to your P3D main directory, then manually add the following line to the fsbuild.cfg file :

FSX_PLN=C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files (or \Prepar3D v3)

This will then create PMDG plans in the correct folder, and will send FSX plans to the P3D folder.

Cheers

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:30 am 

Thanks kernowUK, but that doesn't seem to be the solution, unless I have something amiss in the cfg. Here is what I have in the section:

[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]
FS_HOME=C:\P3D_V3 (This is the main FS location)
FSX_PLN=C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files (This is where the .pln file should be exported to)
AS_ABX_FLP=C:\USERS\JIM\DOCUMENTS\AEROSOFT\AEROSOFTAIRBUSEXTENDED\FLIGHTPLANS (No problem with this location, as I can edit it)

So, here's what happens when I auto-generate the flightplan. (I have FSX XML and PMDG 737/747/777..... checked to export to)

1) The PMDG737 rte file gets built in C:\P3D_V3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS. The problem is that in P3DV3, the rte files belong in C:\P3D_V3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX

2) The FSX XML pln file is still getting built in C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files instead of what is shown in the cfg file.

This is not that big a deal to manually move these, but it would be nice to be able to specify ALL the default export directories

Hey... thanks for responding

Jim in Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:11 pm 

Hi Jim
Actually the PMDG files are being placed correctly, as designed. There is no way to differentiate between the NGX and the 777, as both aircraft by default use the same flightplan folder.

I have both aircraft and don't find this an issue.

As for the FSX_PLN entry, I don't know why that doesn't work. It did for me. Are you running as administrator?

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:03 pm 

Thanks Steve

Actually the PMDG files are being placed correctly, as designed. There is no way to differentiate between the NGX and the 777, as both aircraft by default use the same flightplan folder.

I have both aircraft and don't find this an issue. ummm... well, in my 737NGX CDU, it only recognizes routes that have been stored in C:\P3D_V3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX. FSBuild is placing the flightplan in C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS, which is not the file location my copy of PMDG NGX is looking for. I can see any rte file I manually place in C:\P3D_V3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX, but no rte that is in the Documents location.

As for the FSX_PLN entry, I don't know why that doesn't work. It did for me. Are you running as administrator?
I have another post about this. I can not run FSBuild 2.4.0.32 in as Administrator. Everytime I try to enter a departure or arrival airport, I get an error saying "File Error - unable to Open APTS.TXT File". I made sure the whole folder is shared and Everyone has full control privileges. I even tried different compatibility modes, but get the same error if running as Administrator.