[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - Cannot locate the ISG1 Gauges?

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:18 am 

I just purchased & installed this program, and I cannot locate the ISG1 gauges. I don't see them in the gauges folder. Do they install in another location?

Thanks,
Howard

System: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, Intel 975XBX mobo, 4GB DDR2 memory, nVidia GeForce 7950GX2 with 1GB memory, 500GB hd, 3 19" monitors with the Matrox TripleHead2Go. Also, the Saitek Yoke & Throttle Quadrants and the CH Pedals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:29 am 

Howard,

Did you install them into any of the default aircraft?

You should have a folder in your main FS9 folder labelled 'isg'. It will have all the info you need to get a 'rollin'. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:34 pm 

Hi Brian,

Maybe I jumped the gun. No, I have not installed them into any aircraft yet. I do have an ISG folder in my FSX folder and I will install them tonight into the FSX Lear.

Thanks,

System: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, Intel 975XBX mobo, 4GB DDR2 memory, nVidia GeForce 7950GX2 with 1GB memory, 500GB hd, 3 19" monitors with the Matrox TripleHead2Go. Also, the Saitek Yoke & Throttle Quadrants and the CH Pedals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:06 pm 

The ISG guages are a little different in they way they install as compared to other manufacturer's gauges (Reality XP, for instance).

I found it very helpful to install them into the Lear (which I never fly) just to use it as an example for the planes I wanted to put them in.
Btw, IMO, ISG's Smith's FMS is the best of its kind--bar none. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:22 pm 

Brian,

When you say "install them into the Lear", does that just mean to replace the panel.cfg file in the Lear with the one I downloaded from the 'Panel Retofits' section? Or are there gauges to install? If so, where do I find the gauge files, because they are not in the gauges folder?

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:47 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:24 pm 

Thanks Ernie.........One last question. Will FS Panel Studio also install the gauges into the VC of FSX?

Thanks a lot,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:53 pm 

Attached is screenshot of my VC. How do I get all the gauges to appear in the VC in FSX?

Attachments:
Lear VC 1.jpg
Lear VC 1.jpg [ 86.84 KiB | Viewed 12080 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:03 am 

FS Panel studio will allow you to install gauges in the VC.

For the VC however placement of the gauges is limited. It is not like the 2D panel where you can position a gauge anywhere on the panel.

In the VC you can only place a gauge where the model designer made a 'gauge surface' within the model itself to display a gauge. This is not the entire VC panel. Normally you can only replace the gauges that are already there in the exact location/size that was reserved for them.

Really its a matter of trial an error, to determine whether you can fit the ISG gauge in that rserved spot on the VC panel.

FS Panel studio is some help with that, but it will still be some trial and error involved.

On the Lear panel we simply replaced the Lear's MFD with the ISG one. But if you wish to add more gauges in the VC panel, you'll have to do some experimentation.

We did include popup window versions of the other gauges in the panel, so you can open them while in in the VC. But they'll display as a separate window not as part of the VC panel.

Regards.
Ernie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:42 pm