[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - ISG 1.8 Upgrade preview

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ISG 1.8 Upgrade preview
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:17 pm 

ISG 1.8 Upgrade preview.

isg_c17_1.jpg
isg_c17_1.jpg [ 259.72 KiB | Viewed 45741 times ]

This is work I had previously done for AlphSim on their C-17 Globemaster III project.
But due to circumstances beyond my control it didn't make it into the recently released
Virtavia C-17 product.

So I've decided to integrate it into ISG and include it as part of the 1.8 update.

It contains 3 parts

MFD - Multi function display which has 8 modes, the PFD, 2 Eicas modes, Config , and 4 Map modes.

MCD/MCK - Mission Control Display/ Mission Control Keypad (basically the FMS). This a modified version
of the real C17's as much of it is classified and hard to get info on. So its more a combination
of what C-17 MCD info I could get, and the MD11's FMC which has similiar looking pages.

MFCP - Multi Function Control panel (basically the EFIS control panel for the MFD's map modes).

The MFD can be installed in separate instances which will allow you to for example in the
C-17's VC to have 4 independent MFD's to display 4 separate MFD screens at once.

These are customized to fit seemlessly into the Virtavia's C-17 product, but as with all ISG
modules you can put them in any panel you wish separately.

We're working on the background bitmaps for the FMS now, this upgrade will not take long to release
I'd estimate about 2 weeks.

isg_c17_3.jpg
isg_c17_3.jpg [ 265.03 KiB | Viewed 45741 times ]

Regards.
Ernie.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:08 am 

Hello Ernie,

Looking great!! Also for usage with other militair planes ;-)

Do you have some screens of the different MFD pages?

So i understand there are also engine pages? In that case is it possible to create a "turbo-prop" version to be used for example the C-130. Many have panel refitted with MFD displays.

Regards,

Marcel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:20 pm 

Some more screens of the ISG Virtavia C-17 retrofit.

Regards.
Ernie.

Attachments:
isg_c17_1.jpg
isg_c17_1.jpg [ 201.73 KiB | Viewed 45647 times ]
isg_c17_2.jpg
isg_c17_2.jpg [ 189.39 KiB | Viewed 45647 times ]
isg_c17_3.jpg
isg_c17_3.jpg [ 175.76 KiB | Viewed 45647 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:17 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:19 am 

Hi Ernie,
Thanks for the update - this looks good! I just purchased the Virtavia C-17 and was disappointed to see it has no functional FMC. Your update will come in very handy indeed.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:33 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:58 pm 

Ah, I see. Well that is up to you. I am in no hurry, but would prefer the C-17 FMC when it is available. Does not worry me either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:46 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:13 am 

Ernie,

Those screenshots look great. The MFD's integrate perfect. I'm not a registered user of the ISG system but I am a fan. Was wondering if there was any possiblility you might consider making the C-17 specific MFD's available as a separate product in addition to releasing them as part of an upgrade?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:51 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:25 pm 

- and absolutely fantastic value for money it is too!

You have spoilt us rotten!

One of my best add-ons - I don't think I could do without it now.

Looking forward to Ver 1.8.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 pm 

Ernie,

I am going to be doing the C-17 Review for AVSIM. Any chance I could review without ISG and With ISG installed? Is it close? Feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks,
John Binner

System Specs, visit: [url]http://www.binnerfamily.org/about/system-specs[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:48 pm 

Here are a couple of screens from the ISG Area51 C-17 retrofit.

As you can see I've abandoned having a separate C-17 FMS. It was just taking too long to complete, much of it wasn't faithfull to the real C17's MCD functionality, and it was getting harder to justify having an ISG FMS that really could only be used on one aircraft type. Whereas the ISG C17's MFD and PFD displays can be used on other aircraft. Maybe I'll come back to it later on when I have more FS time available (but then that's what I said about the ISG Trimble GPS gauge).

a51_c17_1.jpg
a51_c17_1.jpg [ 194.75 KiB | Viewed 45012 times ]

a51_c17_2.jpg
a51_c17_2.jpg [ 264.68 KiB | Viewed 45012 times ]

Regards.
Ernie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:54 am 

Hi Ernie,
Is there any chance of getting the Pause at TOD and/or XXX miles from DEST worked back into the Smiths DES page in this update? Was real handy for us old family folk who have to either break off to take care of real life or fall asleep. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:42 pm