Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:13 am 

Hiya,

I originally bought the isg software about 2 years ago, installed and used very briefly although I dont even know now why I stopped using it! Think one reason was that I normally usually only fly the Majestic Dash8 or Wilco's A320. However, I have been flying for a virtual airline for a while and usually fly the default B737-800 (FSX). I've just reinstalled the isg software and managed to install just the smiths fms into the default 737 cfg. However when I open the fms, there is no aircraft details displayed, ie B737, model number or engine details. I tried to fill in the info - loaded a flightplan, altitude etc, but the V speeds are blank, even when I've put a flap setting in. Have I done something wrong? I did have difficulty finding out how to install, and in the end I downloaded the 737 panel cfg from your site and pasted the relevant info into my cfg file - I only want to use the fms and not a retrofit panel or other gauages.

Also, do I have to pay to upgrade to the latest version?

Many thanks

Rory

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:41 pm 

Ok, I've looked into it further. I think I have the latest version, 1.8. With regard to the aircraft name not being displayed, I read in the pdf for the smiths fms that if that info isnt in the panel cfg file then it wont be displayed. fair enough, but I'm not sure why its not displayed in the file in the first place? I've looked in the panel cfg to try and find it - manual says should be in the 5th parameter of the file if its there at all. Same for the engine rating, cant find any reference to "EngThrust=" in there either. Also noticed that there is no nav data displayed even though I've just updated the airac from Navigraph. figured out that you can manually enter the V speeds too!

Maybe someone could tell me what and where in the panel cfg I need to write to get the fms to display the relevant aircraft name and engine rating data then I can add it in.

Cheers.

Rory