[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner • View topic - ISG FP Route Sync: Carenado?

Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:13 pm 

Hi,
First of all, I have to acknowledge the incredible mileage I am getting from my one time purchase of these gauges. They’ve been used in many FSX aircraft, and today in P3D4 machines too, so thank you!
I noticed that these gauges now have a sync such that ISG FP’s can be drawn in default navigation displays, and that’s really useful.
However, what I’d really like to know is whether ISG FP routes can be drawn in Carenado navigation displays?
There is a great deal of system integration and functionality that is lost when native screens are replaced. I’d prefer using the ISG GNS and MCU as pop ups, and for these to show the route on the original aircraft ND.
Is this possible?
With thanks,
Fabio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:29 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:31 am 

Hi,
Thank you so much, I appreciate your reply.
The Carenado products that I would like to see with ISG routes on their NDs are those with their Universal FMC (UFMC), including the SAAB S340B, Fokker F50, and ATR 42/72.
I’m unsure whether the Collins FMC that you have referred to is this UFMC model or not (I hasn’t realised that try had more than one FMC design).
I have the routesync=1 set in the ISG CFG, yet no route appears, and I have also tried the routesync parameter in the panel CFG.
Again, thank you for your help.
Fabio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:34 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:16 pm 

Hi,
I am in awe of your patient support, thank you.
My cognition may not be what once it was, so please forgive my questions and also please bear with me.
I am using the ISG GNSXLS, and I am happy programming it and ensuring that the aircraft follows the FP (MCU LNAV on, A/C HDG mode selected).
However, I am still unable to sync the route onto the ND.
On the GNSXLS, which would be the equivalent of EXE?
In the ISG.CFG, I have the following line:
synchfplanwithfsgps=1
In the panel.cfg, I also tried the following set in the window section for the GNS:
gauge00=ISG1!GNSXLS,GPSSynch 0,0,550,433
I am positive that I will get there very soon, so one more round of assistance, and I will be ready to roll!
Again, thank you so very much.
Fabio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:11 am 

A further update.

I have tried with the ISG GNS and Smiths units, and whilst the built-in P3D4 map is synced with the route (i.e. my ISG entered route appears on P3D4's map), there is still no sync or route display in the Carenado Navigation Display, which was my orginal query.

OP: "I noticed that these gauges now have a sync such that ISG FP’s can be drawn in default navigation displays, and that’s really useful. However, what I’d really like to know is whether ISG FP routes can be drawn in Carenado navigation displays?"

Is that we have been talking at cross purposes, insofar as the ISG created route is synced with the simulator map and planner rather than the internal VC displays of the Carenado aircraft?

If the route can or should be displayed in the Carenado Navigation Displays, then please may I see the section of the ISG and panels CFGs so that I can replicate the correct working combination.

My apologies if I am continually getting this wrong, so a bit of clarification on this would be useful.

Again, thank you for your help and patience.

Fabio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:20 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:52 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:35 am 

Thank you, I will scrutinise the video a bit later today, that looks exactly what I had hoped for.

Meanwhile, there are several, but the main Carenado aircraft that I would like to retrofit with ISG are:
Fokker F50
SAAB S340B

Thanks,
Fabio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:52 am 

Hi,

OK, I am getting closer to identifying the issue(s)...

I can see that the ISG sync functionality is working, because not only does the default P3D4 map populate, but also external programs like ASP4 show the route once EXEC is pressed.

However, this does not work in all Carenado aircraft with the UFMC because there appears to be a number of different models of the Carenado Universal FMC:
UFMC in Beechcraft B1900D, and likely quite a few more.
UFMC type found in the SAAB S340B, Fokker F50, Dornier Do228, and probably more.
I think that there is a third (yours) as in the video the active waypoint is magenta whereas in my BN1900D it stays green with an arrow next to it); this model works OK with ISG.

I have retrofitted my ATR42 with the UFMC from the B1900D (literally copy out the contents of the CAB file of the B1900D UFMC into a folder named as per the FMC CAB file that has been created in the panel directory of the aircraft that is being retrofitted).

Routes created in ISG FMS gauges now populate correctly in the newly fitted Carenado UFMC, as well as in the P3D4 map and external applications such as ASP4.

However, the SOLE problem now is that this ISG originated route does not show in the Carenado navigation display, which for me is a drawback.

I truly hope that there is a way to force the route to display in the Carenado ND because this gauge cannot be swapped out otherwise much functionality would be lost.

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Best wishes,
Fabio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:50 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:42 pm 

Hi,
There are definietly shortfalls when chopping and changing their FMC XMLs, but i have done it for a few of the Carenado aircraft because there is such variance between models - some you can enter advisory altitudes, others not.
I agree with the catagoric litmus test, if the sync is working then that is that, as they say.
I am grateful for your help, guidance, and support.
Please know that if ever you find the time to update the ISG gauges to handle Carenado multiplexed systems, then you will have an extremely happy customer ontop of an already very happy customer!
Thanks,
Fabio