Fsbuild-2 Flight Planner

Fsbuild 2 support forum
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Error x715
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:13 am 

Can someone tell me how to stop Error x715 from popping up when I click on the Rwy Info logo? I'm using the B764 panel, which uses version 1...I've also been unable to get either the logo or the panel to appear in the Ultimate Boeing panel, which uses version 2. Am I making the same mistake in both?...I've followed Roelof Kruijer's advice in an earlier post, but still no joy...Any help is MUCH appreciated...

Lee

Post subject: Re: Error x715
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:42 pm 

leegra wrote:
Can someone tell me how to stop Error x715 from popping up when I click on the Rwy Info logo? I'm using the B764 panel, which uses version 1...I've also been unable to get either the logo or the panel to appear in the Ultimate Boeing panel, which uses version 2. Am I making the same mistake in both?...I've followed Roelof Kruijer's advice in an earlier post, but still no joy...Any help is MUCH appreciated...

Lee

The Error x715 I assume is version 1 (or V1) , That has had problems having the popup window working in FS2004. You should replace it with version 2.

For version 2 it probably has something to do with the layer of the panel. Its probably there but its positioned behind another panel and thus out of view.

I'd have to look at the aircraft and/or panel.cfg file for the Boeing panel you are referring to to be of any more assistance. if you want perhaps you can tell me where to get it.

Regards.
Ernie.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:33 am 

Thanks for the speedy response Ernie. I've spent a lot of time trying to get Runway Info to work for me; mostly with The Ultimative Boeing Panel from Flight Sim at

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/file?rk=Xw ... search.htm

or, a search for "The Ultimative Boeing Panel".

It uses V2, but I have not been able to get it to appear on the panel as a separate window. I only got the x715 error message with the B764 panel, which uses V1. That panel is available from Flight Sim at

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/file?rk=ac ... search.htm

or, doing a search for "b764"...Thanks for your help Ernie. I would very much like to get your very helpful RwyInfo gauge to function in the panels I use...

Lee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:23 am 

leegra wrote:
Thanks for the speedy response Ernie. I've spent a lot of time trying to get Runway Info to work for me; mostly with The Ultimative Boeing Panel from Flight Sim at
It uses V2, but I have not been able to get it to appear on the panel as a separate window.

Hmmm unfortinately this panel has so many gauges and sound files, were I to install it in my FS9 and decide want to un-install it, I'd literally be at it for days so I can't really install it to try it out.

But I did read the manual and he seems to conform my initial theory.

Quote:
"Runway Info" is a nice gauge which gives you every information about the runway you want to land to....
... The button might be hidden when you're starting this panel, because i programmed it as part of the display.

The button is under the speed tape in the ADI apparently it was meant to be hidden from view until you click on it with your mouse. But of course you have to know its there to begin with.

See the screenshot from the manual below.

Regards
Ernie.

Attachments:
bp1.jpg
bp1.jpg [ 105.93 KiB | Viewed 9323 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:58 pm 
Ernie, in experimenting with different combinations and inserting a RwyInfo window in other panels, it seems to me that the rwyinfo.gau file is not being seen and read. I checked the Properties of the installed rwyinfo.gau, and it says it is "RwyInfo V2 Flight Simulator 2004", so we know it is V2.

If the rwyinfo.gau is not being read, it would explain why it doesn't appear in ANY panel I place it in... You are right about The Ultimative Boeing Panel--it does contain a lot of gauges; but, all seem to function (for me, anyway) as advertised. Rwyinfo is the only gauge I don't seem to be able to get any response from. It shows NO sign of life when I try to access it; in that panel, or any other I've tried it in...

Do you have any suggestions as to how we can verify, in fact, that the rwyinfo.gau is, or is not, being seen by the panel into which it has been placed?...Thanks again Ernie, for your time and effort to help me, and any ideas or suggestions will be very much appreciated...

Lee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:25 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Ernie, in experimenting with different combinations and inserting a RwyInfo window in other panels, it seems to me that the rwyinfo.gau file is not being seen and read. I checked the Properties of the installed rwyinfo.gau, and it says it is "RwyInfo V2 Flight Simulator 2004", so we know it is V2.

If the rwyinfo.gau is not being read, it would explain why it doesn't appear in ANY panel I place it in... You are right about The Ultimative Boeing Panel--it does contain a lot of gauges; but, all seem to function (for me, anyway) as advertised. Rwyinfo is the only gauge I don't seem to be able to get any response from. It shows NO sign of life when I try to access it; in that panel, or any other I've tried it in...

Do you have any suggestions as to how we can verify, in fact, that the rwyinfo.gau is, or is not, being seen by the panel into which it has been placed?...Thanks again Ernie, for your time and effort to help me, and any ideas or suggestions will be very much appreciated...

Lee

If you are using it in another panel, you need to make sure the window 'ident' is 20759. If the ident is not that value the open gauge window will not find the gauge.

[Window12]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=240,150
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=20759
window_size= 0.500, 0.500
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

gauge00=rwyinfo!V2, 1,1,237,147

Note the 'ident=20759' line.

That line must be included the the window section.

Regards.
Ernie.